Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello all,

I am including a screen a screenshot of what I am trying to do. I have ja_labra and am loading Frontpage Slideshow onto my frontpage and I do not want any articles or other content to show. How can disable article content from showing up? I have tried different methods of loading it inside an article and still cannot do it.

I am also trying to do the same thing with with SlideShowPro using EasySSP

I figured there has to be an easy way to disable content from appearing on the front page

Thanks

1. remove-content-front-page
    bennitos Friend

is it not enough when you go to your article manager and on all articles you set “frontpage” to no?

Peter Matra Friend

That’s not what I mean. I have no articles in the front page manager. But I do have Frontpage SlideShow showing in user 5 position. I want the frontpage to just show the User 5 slideshow without any articles. In the frontpage manager there are no articles set up for publishing, on the frontpage I get an empty wrap where an article should go.

thanks
    PETE

1. remove-content-front-page
    anisjolly Friend

if i understand you correctly – you just want the slideshow on that page!

You DO NOT want the wrapper to show up at all?

Or am I reading your post wrong?

Peter Matra Friend

Yup, you got it right. I tried the loadposition and mosmodule to load it directly into an article to try to fix this problem but it didn’t work. can I disable the content but keep the User 5 available?

I tried to load the mod_jaslideshow into an article to find a rememdy is that possible?

p

anisjolly Friend

Let’s see if we can get this working like you want it to.

In the mod_jaslideshow module settings, in the bits where you set the position type in:

jass

This will create a new position for you – hence you won’t be using User5 – but don’t worry, your slideshow will still end up in the same position but using a new setting. set the show title to No but keep the enabled to Yes. Create a new article and just put the following code in it and nothing else:

{ loadposition jass }

I’ve had to put some spaces after the first curly bracket and before the last curly bracket so the code shows up on screen – REMOVE THESE .

Hopefully this should work. If it doesn’t PM me a user and pass for your admin panel along with a URL. I’ll take a look at it when I get a spare min.

Peter Matra Friend

Thank you it worked, I was trying that with several different mods yesterday and with my refreshed brain today I realized it wasn’t working because the menu assignment was set to none. In order to get it to work I had to select Main Menu->Home so it would publish. I never thought this would make a difference.
    peter

anisjolly Friend

glad to hear you got it working

😀

jhonathan Friend

You can edit your template.css and erase the min-height or paddind for that <div>. An easy way you find the css is with Firebug and Firefox.

stefwilliams Friend

Hi,

I found a pretty neat solution.

1. Edit your template.css.
    2. Search for .article-content.
    3. You should find something like .article-content img {margin: 10px; }.
    4. Change this to .article-content img {margin: 0px; }
    5. Try your homepage. Make sure your browser cache hasn’t stored your template.

Diolch
    :laugh:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  stefwilliams 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum