Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello, I want to remove the Joomlart Copyright in the footer of my website. I think it´s incredible after I paid for my template I need to pay more for it…

“You have to be either a developer member or purchase the copyright removal licence to do that. When you do so you will be sent a PDF with full instructions. ”

Ok, so… What I need to do that??>:(>:(>:(

JA CORONA

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

Please log into sign up page via http://www.joomlart.com/member/signup.php >> go to Your payment history group at the bottom >> Focus on PDF Copyright Removal column to get copyright removal instructions there.

galaxist Friend

Hi,
    I have the same problem and I already got the PDF für the removal and it works for “older Templates”. But the instruction is rather old. Im trying to change the copyright within JA_DROID. And in this template theres no path that ist mentioned in the instructions.

EDIT:
    Now I found it:

zuluu Friend

I could remove the copyright from code and not paid 40 $???? I have paid 50$ for this template!!!! What happen if I don´t pay????

Thank you for the answer.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi Zuluu,

Very interesting questions though 🙂
    <blockquote>I could remove the copyright from code and not paid 40 $????</blockquote>
    Per Terms of Use which every subscribers deem to understand and agree to , JATC standard members are not allowed to get all JA copyright links removed from template frontend unless you pay for doing so or upgrade to JA dev.

<blockquote> I have paid 50$ for this template!!!! What happen if I don´t pay????</blockquote>
    If you dont pay for removing JA copyright removal, you can still use JA templates and built in extensions as normal. However, please remember to keep all JA credits intact.

erkdahl Friend

Hi there,
    I’ve tried to find information about exactly what is considered to be the ja-copyright and what is allowed to do with it. (I have a standard membership only)
    I assume it is the line “Design by JoomlArt.com”

1. Can I remove the a-tag linking to joomlart? Leaving the text untouched?
    2. Can I move the copyright to other positions?
    3. Can I change the color of the text, so it appears invisible?

Thanks for your reply!

erkdahl Friend

And a couple of more:
    4. Am I allowed to disable the module “footer”? This means the copyright is hidden
    5. Any clue to how I can remove the Joomla license information below the copyright? In most templates its easy to just modify index.php, but this is not the case for JA Social

Thanks!

Phill Moderator

Any rednering of the copyright that makes it invisible or not linkable is considered a breach of conditions. For me it is just good manners to leave it there. JA templates are very cheap and a tiny backlink is hardly a big issue on a personnal site. Developer members are free to remove the message. They are developing sites for customers so they must remove the message but for the personal sites that your membership level is aimed at then i really cannot see an issue.

erkdahl Friend

Hi there!
    I just extended my template membership with an extension membership. And I noticed the extension membership had copyright removal included. Does this only apply to extensions or also templates?

Phill Moderator

It applies to templates. As far as I know there are no visible copyright notices in any of the extensions. There are mentions of JA in the code which should be left in tact but those are simply nots and will not be visible on a live site.

robert vining Friend

<em>@erkdahl 214987 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there!
    I just extended my template membership with an extension membership. And I noticed the extension membership had copyright removal included. Does this only apply to extensions or also templates?</blockquote>

The JAEC Membership copyright removal is for Extension copyright only. For example, the JA Comments component says ‘Powered by JA Comments’ at the bottom of it. But it has a block in the general config area to remove it.

Template copyright rules still apply on a per template basis when you have a JATC membership.

One doesn’t affect the other.

Robert Vining
    www.joompro.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  robert vining 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum