Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi there.

I would like to know how to stop the animations of the position 5 modules when a page loads. At the moment when I load pages the modules in this column fall into place. This also happens with modules in the slidenews position.

Can someone tell me how to remove this affect so the page loads normally.

Thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

Could you provide me with more details about the animation? I have not figured out that in our demo: http://joomla-templates.joomlart.com/ja_mitius/index.php/en/

deveshi Friend

Hi there,

Please review the following video to see exactly what I mean. The area of interest where the animation is taking place is circled with the cursor (module position 5).

This video is unlisted and will be removed from youtube once this thread is concluded.

**EDIT**

PS, I have a 40mb fiber connection.

Saguaros Moderator

It’s JA Accordion module which displays selected contents with accordion effect. If you don’t want it, you can disable it in Backend > Extensions > Module manager > JA Accordion module.

deveshi Friend

Hello,

I do not believe this is due to JA Accordion module as I do not have this currently installed on my website. It also seems to be affecting ALL modules in position 5 and the slidenews position regardless of module type.

deveshi Friend

Hi there,

I believe I have isolated the file which is causing the animation.

Filename: jquery.masonry.min.js

When disabling this file the animations appear to cease. Can you please tell me what else this file does in case disabling it causes any future problems.

Thanks.

**Edit**

I have had issues with disabling the JS file above as this stops the JA Content Popup module from working.

I have also looked through the template.CSS file and there is code in there to change the duration of the animations on line 1393.

t3-module {
    transition-duration: 0.7s;
    -o-transition-duration: 0.7s;
    -ms-transition-duration: 0.7s;
    -moz-transition-duration: 0.7s;
    -webkit-transition-duration: 0.7s;
    }

Please note that reducing these duration to 0 does not disable the animation it just makes it move faster.

All I want is to disable the animation…. I believe this has to be done in the JS file but this file is currently compiled so it is very difficult for me to read it.

Please advise.

Saguaros Moderator

Please try to remove above CSS, the animation only comes from this style for module.

If you enable Development mode of this template, you can remove this code via less file: templatesja_mitiuslessmodule.les

At line 123:

// JOOMLA! MODULES
    // --------------------------------------------------
    .t3-module {
    transition-duration: 0.7s;
    -o-transition-duration: 0.7s;
    -ms-transition-duration: 0.7s;
    -moz-transition-duration: 0.7s;
    -webkit-transition-duration: 0.7s;
    }

deveshi Friend

I have done as you have suggested and it has not worked.

Removing this code from the CSS file (or from the less file if you are development mode) does not disable the animation. All this appears to do is remove the transition time so that the modules appear in their upper positions and then instantly drop into the correct position after the page requests have finished.

I want to disable the animation completely so that the modules are in the correct position on page load without any movement at all.

Can you please send me an non-compiled version of the following JavaScript file so I can review this more thoroughly:

jquery.masonry.min.js

Thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

That JS file is core file and you couldn’t change it. All JS used in that block are defined in this file: templatesja_mitiusjsscript.js

Please remove the CSS as mentioned in my previous reply then try to open this file and comment code like this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/2k1vjb

Make sure that you clear browser cache/cookies or try to test again in different PC.

deveshi Friend

This has worked.

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  deveshi 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum