Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I wrote the following to: AllVideos Reloaded » Forums » Help » Troubles with playlist and remote videos because I can’t make remote videos show on a playlist after upgrading to the latest All Videos Reloaded 1.2.6 software. (I wasn’t having a great time with 1.2.4 either…)

Comment 4:
    I renamed the ‘playlist.php’ file created by JoomlArt that goes with the Teline II package. The local videos that were working before (located in the videos directory) no longer showed up…in fact, the entire box for the video disappeared. So, logically, they have done something correct with that.

I’ve attached that file.

I renamed it and the local files appear and play.

Mentioned in playlist.php is a file named ‘CG Playlist’ – so I erased all my other playlist attempts and named one C G Playlist, saved it. Naturally, it shows up as CG Playlist.xml – I double click to edit that, click New to add a track. From the next window, I click AVR Media, and from that window I put in the YouTube URL of the video and hit Return…All the lines fill up nicely. When I hit save, only the Media URL line is filled in the next window…Odd, but I click Save anyway.

Now a track shows up, so I hit Save again and the next window shows “Playlist Saved”

Refresh the site…only the local videos show up.

I removed the local media from the directory and naturally the video ‘section’ is there without a playlist. An arrow appears, but nothing plays when it is hit.

I am presuming that several remote videos and several local videos should be able to be played from a playlist in one av ‘window’ – is this wrong?

=-=-=-=
    From comments on this forum and that one, I see that I am not the only one with Teline II with this problem.

Would a developer please look into this so that this important piece of the Teline II system please and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you…

joeflynn Friend

Does anyone have AllVideos Reloaded working with remote videos?

In other words, the php file that Teline II comes with works for videos put into the local stories/images directory. But I can’t make a playlist that includes remote videos.

Anyone have this working?

aardcom Friend

I also had problems getting the playlist to work but I did get the module to work with a remote video.

You can view it here: http://www.potrerobeach.com/index.php/activities/sport-fishing.

You should try to get the module to work with one remote video first to make sure it is working then try creating a playlist. It’s also important that the tag preceding and following the link is correct for the video source. ie the tag for a google video is different than one from Yahoo. Here’s the chart for the different sources.

http://www.joomlaworks.gr/content/view/35/41/

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Joeflynn,

How did you make out? Did you get this resolved? I just installed the latest version of All Videos Reloaded and my .FLV Videos play but all I see is grey starting screen with play button. I can’t even get my thumbnail images to show! I used to be able to put a image in the thumbnail folder and it would show in the beginning of the video instead of blank screen.

The new version is supposed to show a starting “frame” or capture image so it’s not blank so I’m not sure if it’s compatible with JA built-in playlist. I don’t care about a playlist as much as getting a starting image to show right now.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Can I downgrade or un-install and load the older version? Help!

PS using YouTube works with a starting image but NOT .FLV. Please see attached screenshot…thanks!

1. no_thumb
    joeflynn Friend

Apologies for the delay. I must have missed the notice.

I still do not have this working, despite many hours.

Movies that I place into the videos file will play. But I cannot get remote videos to play.

I haven’t worked on the thumbnail part, so I don’t know any answers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  joeflynn 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum