Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I installed the template and Im testing it..
    here http://buy-illustration.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

I just did…but I don’t see the banners on the moofx…

any ideas???

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Hi hilit, please read the readme.txt for full instruction to setup the template. You would need to create some new user module. Here is the readme:

2. To make the content of the roller like the demo, go to your Administration Panel.
    In site modules section, add a new module by clicking to New button.
    Enter the title you want and select one of the five module position in position combo box (user5 to user9)
    In the content of Custom output, type your content following this format:

<h1>Big Title</h1>
    <p>Your nice sentence</p>

Don’t put too much text to this roller if you still want it looks cool.

PS: Thread’s moved to JA Regulus Room.

jasonre Friend

Hi Hieu. Couple of questions on this subject:
    1) I’d like replace the current images with images that are 200px high. I went in and changed the .css file from 87px high to 200px, but that didn’t do it. I also uploaded a replacement image for roller_one_bg.jpg that’s 200px high and I still get the 87px high image. What else do I need to change?
    2) Also I want to be ble to hide the moofx navigation bar. What are the steps?

Thanks for a great template!
    Jason

Hieu Nguyen Admin

All you need to do is editting the template_css.css. Please follow these simple steps:

1. Change the height of the Newsflash:

– Find this code:

#ja-newsflash {
    height: 100px;
    }

#ja-newsflash div.moduletable {
    height: 87px;
    }

Change to:

#ja-newsflash {
    height: 200px;
    }

#ja-newsflash div.moduletable {
    height: 187px;
    }

2. Change the height of the MooFX Roller:

– Find this code:

#roller-wrapper {
    height: 100px;
    }

#roller-outer {
    height: 90px;
    }

#roller-outer .roller-inner {
    height: 85px;
    }

– Change to:

#roller-wrapper {
    height: 200px;
    }

#roller-outer {
    height: 190px;
    }

#roller-outer .roller-inner {
    height: 185px;
    }

3. Hide the MooFX Roller Control Bar:

– Find this code:

#clicker-outer {
    margin: 5px 0 0 5px;
    padding: 0;
    background: url(../images/curve-bl.gif) no-repeat bottom left #474747;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    height: 20px!important;
    height: 18px;
    }

– Change to:

#clicker-outer {
    margin: 5px 0 0 5px;
    padding: 0;
    background: url(../images/curve-bl.gif) no-repeat bottom left #474747;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    height: 20px!important;
    height: 18px;
    display: none;
    }

Hope it could help!

jasonre Friend

That worked perfectly! Thanks so much. You can see the results here: http://www.powerkleenusa.com
    If you don’t mind another question… is there an easy way to keep the newsflash box to the right of the moofx a background image that does not change width size when changing screen resolution.
    So if a person changes the screen width… the newsflash image looks the same. Right now my image gets cuts off. Not sure if that’s an easy one?
    Thanks again!

Hieu Nguyen Admin

The width of the Newsflash should be changed in order to keep the balanced look and layout of the template. However, if you need to keep the width unchanged, please open template_css.css and change the code below:

#ja-newsflash {
    width: 150px;
    }

to:

#ja-newsflash {
    width: 165px; /*This is the width of the newsflash in wide layout */
    }

also, remember to change the width of the MooFX roller:

#roller-wrapper {
    width: 605px;
    }

#roller-loading {
    width: 605px;
    }

like this:

#roller-wrapper {
    width: 620px;
    }

#roller-loading {
    width: 620px;
    }

Hope it could help! 😉

jasonre Friend

Hieu, that worked great! Thanks again! The only modification I had to make to your suggestion was to set the width to 590 instead of 620. Now it looks perfectly balanced when viewed at both widths. All the borders are evenly spaced, etc. You can view at: http://www.powerkleenusa.com

#roller-wrapper {

width: 590px;

}

#roller-loading {

}

Hieu Nguyen Admin

jasonreHieu, that worked great! Thanks again! The only modification I had to make to your suggestion was to set the width to 590 instead of 620. Now it looks perfectly balanced when viewed at both widths. All the borders are evenly spaced, etc. You can view at: http://www.powerkleenusa.com

#roller-wrapper {

}

#roller-loading {

}

Opps, I forgot that! Minus and not Plus ;). You are right, jasonre. Glad that you have things done!

jasonre Friend

Yes, we’re getting there! All the Thanks goes to you my friend! Now, the only thing left on my wish list now is to figure out to get the top menu as a drop down menu like in the Altair template. If I could change the menu style I’d have the template exactly the way I was hoping. Any suggestions on that subject?

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Yeah, our team is currently working on this project. You know, it’s not an easy job. Regulus with new menu system is expected to be released in the next few days. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

maarten1 Friend

Ah, thanks for all the info; took me a while to figure this out by myself last evening 😉

About the dropdown menu’s: All i had to do was replace the ‘echo $topnav’ with a load module line.. I’m using a topmenu with dropdown stuff from the mod transmenu. Works fine, although the looks arent all that yet. Looking forward to a custom one!

I have a question as well. The roller images crop when switching from wide to the narrow view. How can I make sure the right side of the picture stays the same and the cropping happens on the left side. Any clue? Wondering why I want this, check my site.

I’m working on http://www.hollandischenhof.com and the at menuoption search is the new template…

KR,
    Maarten

PS. I have been trying to find a good template for a month now, and this is by far the best around. Good job.

ha le-viet Developer

Hi maarten1,

To do what you want, go to the file template_css.css, and add something like this:

#roller-outer .roller-one {
    background: url(../images/roller-one-bg.jpg) repeat-x right;
    }

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet

maarten1 Friend

Many thanks, works like a charm!

jasonre Friend

Hieu, a couple of days would be amazing! You guys work amazingly fast!

jasonre Friend

Hieu, I have another simple question for you. I want to add a flash based Slide Show Pro image gallery into my Gallery page. How should I best go about adding it to that section?
    (FYI – SSP creates a swf file and an .xml file that loads the images into the .swf file.) It’s a great flash gallery! You should take a look at it. http://www.slideshowpro.net

*Here’s the script it generates*
    <script type=”text/javascript”>
    var cachebuster = “?cachebuster=” + new Date().getTime();
    var fo = new FlashObject(“http://www.powerkleenusa.com/ssp_director/index.swf”+cachebuster, “residential”, “500”, “400”, “7”, “#000000”);
    fo.addVariable(“xmlfile”,”http://www.powerkleenusa.com/ssp_director/images.php?gid=6″);
    fo.write(“flashcontent”);
    </script>
    Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jasonre 17 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum