Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Are you happy with the fix as this seems to have been marked as Solved?

applestone Friend

EXCELLENT!! I have tested with a dummy user and everythings looks like it should.

I still have absolutely no idea where the code was for the footer but as you say, it’s back now. As mentioned in an earlier post – I have no problem with this.

Thank you so much – yes, very happy as now I can get on and do what I am best at – developing this rental website. 🙂

Warm regards

wdsl Friend

Hi Phil, would you be able to detail the databse fixes you applied as i have a very similar issue to the above ?
    Thanks

Simon

Phill Moderator

To be honest I cannot remember as I have done a lot since then but if you would like to pm me an admin logon and phpmyadmin details I can take a look for you.

wdsl Friend

Hi Phil,

Unfortunately due to the volume of other client sites hosted on the same server I cannot give out access to the database, but i appreciate the offer.

The issue: After creating the site using the quickstart any other Administrators I added in the User manager were not displayed and could not login.

The Fix: Login to phpMyAdmin and find the tables “jos_core_acl_aro” and “jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map” and manually add the two more records for the two new user accounts.

The downside: Any future users added in the admin panel will require this update to the database before they will work, im not savvy enough to troubleshoot any further and this will do for me in this instance.

Hope this is of help to someone else.

Simon

csizmadia csaba Friend

Hi guys,
    I have the same problem. wdsl’s solve was OK if you have only some users. But the user registration thrue the website is not working. I mean the registration is working but the user login doesn’t work. When you have a lot of users minutes by minutes you can not modify the sql database after every registration. Something went wrong with the quickinstall (normal installation of the template was not tested by me). If you want to see the page: http://www.crm.sikerfutar.hu
    So if anybody has some idea it will welcome!
    Thanks

Phill Moderator

You seem to be using the K2 login module. When a user registers are their accounts being created? Can they login using the standard Joomla login module or page?

csizmadia csaba Friend

Hi Phill,
    you are right, I’m using K2. (It is a test page only thsi is why you can see more than one login modul. I’m trying….) You can register though both login modul (standard Joomla and even K2). Then you can’t login no way (see screen_3.jpg).
    Attached you can see the k2 users list (screen_2.jpg) and the normal joomla users on Joomla admin. If I – as super admin – create a user by the normal Joomla users method, the user will be seen only among k2 users – and you are not able to login with this into Joomla admin (nor on the public site) Then the user are invisible on the normal Joomla users screen (see screen-1.jpg) You can see users on normal users admin page because I made the changes user by user in the sql database as you recommended in your last post. But it is not solution for me if there will be a lot of registered users.

1. screen_2
    2. screen_1
    3. screen_3
    Phill Moderator

It seems as if your user tables have become corrupt somewhere along the line.

How are you with phpmyadmin? We can replace some of the tables with fresh copies then you would have to re-register those users you have already.

The tables I would try and in this order.

jos_core_acl_aro_groups
    jos_core_acl_aro
    jos_core_groups
    jos_users

I would get those by making a fresh install of another template on my localhost and checking registration first. If registration is working on my localhost I would then take copies of those tables one by one using phpmyadmin. Then take a backup of the whole database on your live site and then those tables one by one.
    Finally, delete those tables on your live site one at a time and replace the known working copies testing in between whether registration works.
    Hopefully you will have success before you reach the jos_users table. Replacing that will mean copying the md5 from you old live admin password to the new one so you can still logon to the back end.

csizmadia csaba Friend

Thank you for your idea. I’ve done everything you recommended. New virgin Joomla, export tables – I’ve got no jos_core_groups table just jos_group, delete old tables, import tables from the new Joomla – but the problem is still the same.
    When I make a new user it goes among to the k2 users but it is not listed on page of normal Joomla users. Nothing changed, sorry.

csizmadia csaba Friend

Hi Phill,
    it already works! I made more table export from the new clear database with tables below:
    jos_core_acl_aro_sections
    jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map
    I’ve imported them into the wrong database and now everíthing is working! I don’t know which was wrong because I imported the tables together. But I guess there was a bug inside one of them.
    What do you think how could these tables in mysql go wrong if nobody modify them?
    Anyway, thank you for your help!

Phill Moderator

Glad that fixed it. I have no idea why it went wrong. I have seen it a couple of times before but then the next time I download all seems fine.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum