Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I have changed many of the options in my A T3 Blank for Joomla 1.7.x

Now the Registration form is not working.

The first error is that I get a browser popup that states:
    Calendar.setup:
    Nothing to setup (no fields found). Please check your code.

The registration form has the odd text at the bottom “REGISTER_REQUIRED”
    See screen shots:

After filling it out and clicking “Register” I am sent to a 404 error page for /index.php?option=com_user

When I change to a different Template like Atomic or Beez2 the registration form works fine. However I still get the “Calendar.setup:
    Nothing to setup (no fields found). Please check your code” error.

Can anyone tell what I did wrong by modifying the T3 Blank Layouts, Profiles and Themes?

instantinlaw Friend

This doesn’t sound like a templete issue. It sounds like whatever registration component you are using is missing some fields. I would check the settings for the registration component/module. You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the component/module.

modernmagic Friend

I will try to reinstall but “When I change to a different Template like Atomic or Beez2 the registration form works fine.”

Also I am using J1.7 and Kunena. No other 3rd party registration components.

instantinlaw Friend

I haven’t used Kunena in a while, but doesn’t it have its own login? If so, you probably have to use the Kunena login and disable the Joomla login. Check out the settings and let me know.

modernmagic Friend

I tried both but they both use the same registration form, so same problem.

Here is the page:
    http://50.116.122.120/~scs/index.php?option=com_users&view=registration

instantinlaw Friend

I’m not really sure whats going on here, but I can tell you that the css that is handling the form is from k2. If you want to PM me your site login info I’ll see if I can figure out whats going on.

modernmagic Friend

You nailed it. I had no idea that K2 would take over user registration from Joomla. I disabled K2 and the reg form works.

I wonder why even with K2 enabled, then registration from would work with another template like Beez? Is there a setting I am missing that connects reg forms to templates?

instantinlaw Friend

Hello, I just noticed that you are using a yootheme template. I can’t offer any help for a third party template, but if you need help with a JA template, I’d be happy to help. Have you tried posting a question at the yootheme forum?

modernmagic Friend

No, this whole thread is about T3 Blank for Joomla 1.7.x

When I am using T3 Blank for Joomla 1.7.x my K2 registration form does not work.
    When I pick any of the other sample templates installed with joomla 1.7 the k2 registration from works.

modernmagic Friend

In K2 2.5 Parameters/Advanced I set “Enable K2 User Profile” to No.

Now the default Joomla registration form is used and there are no more errors.

instantinlaw Friend

I can’t diagnose your problem while you are running a yootheme template. Do you want to enable whatever JA template the issue is happening with? Then I’ll be able to take a look. Thanks

instantinlaw Friend

<em>@modernmagic 296392 wrote:</em><blockquote>In K2 2.5 Parameters/Advanced I set “Enable K2 User Profile” to No.

Now the default Joomla registration form is used and there are no more errors.</blockquote>So the settings for the registration component were set incorrectly and it is not a template issue like I suggested before?

modernmagic Friend

Yes you were right about the registration component (now that I know that it was K2’s default setting).
    However, since the K2 registration form does not malfunction with other templates I had to assume that it has something to do with a compatibility issue with “T3 Blank”.

<em>@modernmagic 296390 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    When I am using T3 Blank for Joomla 1.7.x my K2 registration form does not work.
    When I pick any of the other sample templates installed with joomla 1.7 the k2 registration from works.</blockquote>

So in my notes this means that T3 Blank is not compatible on a site with K2 and/or Kunena.

Regardless, thanks for your help.

instantinlaw Friend

There are probably some script conflicts. You can try turning off the cache and minify in the JA template parameters, and clear the template cache and see if the form loads correctly. Then if it does, you will need to narrow down which script is causing the conflict.
    Many of the JA templates use both K2 and Kunena, so it is unlikely that it is a template issue.
    Now that you have corrected the error with the registration component, have you tried enabling the JA template again? Try it without minifying the scripts and let us know what happens.
    Many components have options to change which scripts it uses, to avoid script conflicts. Take a look around and see if you have some options. Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum