Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’m having difficulties with existing site members (JomSocial) registering as job seekers or employers on the job board while they are logged into the site.

Once an existing member is logged in, then attempt to use the Register – Job Seeker or Register Employer menu links, they are redirected to my home page with no message.

Also, I am unable (choose not to) to register members through the job board as I am using JSPT w/JomSocial. Visitors select a profile type and from there they can purchase a selected membership plan.

The idea is that profile type: “Job Seekers” can register on the job board using the Register JobSeeker menu item, and profile type: “Employers” can register on the Register Employer menu item.

I need a way for these members to register on the job board.

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@triumph 187641 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m having difficulties with existing site members (JomSocial) registering as job seekers or employers on the job board while they are logged into the site.

Once an existing member is logged in, then attempt to use the Register – Job Seeker or Register Employer menu links, they are redirected to my home page with no message.

Also, I am unable (choose not to) to register members through the job board as I am using JSPT w/JomSocial. Visitors select a profile type and from there they can purchase a selected membership plan.

The idea is that profile type: “Job Seekers” can register on the job board using the Register JobSeeker menu item, and profile type: “Employers” can register on the Register Employer menu item.

I need a way for these members to register on the job board.</blockquote>

Guy,

JA Jobboard provides the function to allow user to register as JobSeeker/Employer via menu items of JAJobBoard Menu Module only.

For existing Joomla members of your site, they can log into JAJobBoard Menu Module and update their profiles via “Update my info” link to select user type as Jobseeker/Emloyer when logging in JA Jobboard.

triumph Friend

Thank you.

I’d really like to see a “Update my Info” menu item/link where the user type is “already” determined (either employer or job seeker). I don’t want a member that has created a Job Seeker profile type using JomSocial/JSPT, then able to register as an employer (or visa versa).

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@triumph 188418 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you.

I’d really like to see a “Update my Info” menu item/link where the user type is “already” determined (either employer or job seeker). I don’t want a member that has created a Job Seeker profile type using JomSocial/JSPT, then able to register as an employer (or visa versa).</blockquote>

Hi there,

Please keep on hold as we are inspecting your issue and I will be back right after getting more information.

Really appreciate your great patience.

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@triumph 188418 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you.

I’d really like to see a “Update my Info” menu item/link where the user type is “already” determined (either employer or job seeker). I don’t want a member that has created a Job Seeker profile type using JomSocial/JSPT, then able to register as an employer (or visa versa).</blockquote>

Guy,

Currently, JA Jobboard menu module does not support to communicate with JomSocial/JSPT yet.

When guests access to this link “Update my Info”, they must select account type.

I have reported this to our development team via http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAJB-606 and we will fix this in the coming releases.

sotjoom2 Friend

I too would be very interested in having Jomsocial and Jobboard communicating in that manner. In fact, if I could add my 2 cents, I think it would be exceptional if you guys could develop a Jomsocial plugin to let jobboard members on the site be able to display links to their résumé and/or for companies to be able to display links to the positions they advertise.

I think both job seekers and companies would find this very useful if they want to leverage their community membership. And I don’t think it would be too hard to develop.
    But I can tell you that if you could pull it off in a decent amount of time, I alone could sell 3 jobboards to clients that are currently making up their minds. I really believe this functionality would be the decision maker.

Just my opinion, so take it or leave it but I am pretty sure that tighter integration would be very popular

sotjoom2 Friend

Let me second this. While it would be great if Job Board would be able to capture data from the Jomsocial profile, just being able to fill out a employer profile would be great. Mmatter of fact, I don’t see why a use can only see their job board profile if they registered with Job board.

For instance, if I Have Jomsocial but a user registers throughout the Joomla registration, all they hav to do is go to their Jobmsocial profile and fill out the rest of their data. If Job Board would let us do that would be great.

Can I suggest something? Since it may take a while to integrate jomsiocial and Job Board profiles, how about a simple script we could set up in the Chron that effectively would create a job board user from any Jomsocial registered users.

One could have the CRON run every 15 minutes so that users from Jomsocial can go to their Job Board profile and see their data transferred over.

Since this would raise the question of custom fileds, I would just release a guide as to what fields need to be created 9and how() in Jomsocial so that the cron can write the data in the JB tables.

is that too much? (I am NOT being sarcastic, I am just wondering).

Naturally, if you can release a patch faster I’d go for that, but the CRON has also the advantage that as a user updates their profile the data would change in their JB profile as well.

This would certainly give that shine nd interactivity that makes websites feel more professional rather than having to explain users why they need to log out and create a new user, as I think it works right now.

Thank you

Anonymous Moderator

Hi guy,

JAJobBoard is planned and developed the integration function with JoomSocial as per your suggestion via: http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAJB-614

This Issue shall be released together with JaJobBoard around the end of October.

sotjoom2 Friend

That’s great news. I’d be happy to beta test it for you guys. For now I may have to create a different workflow but I doubt Employers are going to storm the website before the end of October anyway. It hasn’t launched yet.

sotjoom2 Friend

Since you guys are working on this patch, would it be a stretch to also include some connection with Jomsocial such as an App.

For instance, I’d love to see a “My Jobs” app (with privacy to display or not the leads and private by default) and for employers I’d love to see a “Our Jobs” app where an employer can display all the jobs they are posting in the Jobboard.

I think this would be really popular and possibly you are already working at it, but if you are not I am sure most users would agree it would be a great feature.

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@sotjoom2 195732 wrote:</em><blockquote>Since you guys are working on this patch, would it be a stretch to also include some connection with Jomsocial such as an App.

For instance, I’d love to see a “My Jobs” app (with privacy to display or not the leads and private by default) and for employers I’d love to see a “Our Jobs” app where an employer can display all the jobs they are posting in the Jobboard.

I think this would be really popular and possibly you are already working at it, but if you are not I am sure most users would agree it would be a great feature.</blockquote>

Hi,

Some plugins will be developed to support the connectivity between JA Jobboard and JomSocial.

Your request requires to edit/update some codes of Jomsocial. Thus, we are sorry for not being of much help in this at the moment.

melanieb Friend

I would also like to see this, as I assumed when it said in the sales pitch that there was a Jomsocial plugin to connect users, I assumed it did this sort of this. This is my wish list:

1. Tabs in Jomsocial (depending on user type) 1 for Employer (displays current advertised jobs) and 1 for Jobseeker (current applied for jobs)
    2. A single profile (preferrable Jomsocial user profile) rather than a separate profile for jobs board and another in Jomsocial

Meanwhile, is there a way to redirect the profile link (that currently takes you to the JA profile) to point to the Jomsocial profile? Or at very list, add a link to the profile on Jomsocial in addition to the JA link?

Thanks in advance

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  melanieb 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum