Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

In the JA Mono template, there is by default a left column where text can be added and a background picture can be added.
    This left column takes up almost 40-50% of the total website space leaving only the other half for the site’s actual content.

I would like to know:

1. If this can be reduced to maybe 30-40% max.
    2. If the picture behind can be an animated video instead that will play once when the page is loaded or even be configured so that the viewer can replay the video. Most likely it will be video only, without sound
    3. Other possibilities to break up this single left column into multiple parts…for example a gallery.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

To change the width, you go to file: root/templates/ja_mono/tpls/default.php

and change the class like this: http://prntscr.com/hejojq

This belongs to ‘masthead’ position and we assign CTA Module & JA Masthead module to this position, Unfortunately, these modules don’t support video yet, only background image.

leongyew Friend

Hi @saguaros,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to change the values as you suggested and indeed can see some changes in the width of the columns. I also looked up Stackoverflow (I’m new to CSS) to get a better understanding of how the 12 column bootstrap system works.

On my website (www.leongyew.com), I use "Section Dividers" in the middle of the left block and right block. Just by changing the left and right blocks’ width however, it seems that even though they add up to 12 units horizontally, I now have the section divider in the middle overlapping. How do I solve this? You can see it on my website currently (and I’m hoping it gets fixed soon :))

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  leongyew. Reason: Learnt more about bootstrap, solved own questions
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

It looks fine at my end: http://prntscr.com/hh6kj1

Could you share screenshot and credentials of your site so I can check?

leongyew Friend

Hi @saguaros,

Thanks for the quick reply. Is Joomla Administrator sufficient for you to check what you need or do you require CPanel access?

FYI, on a screen with resolution 1920 x 1080, this is what I see in Firefox set at 100% magnification –> (See attached).

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  leongyew.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You can share admin + FTP account of site you’re working on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum