Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Pardon me if this is a silly question, but I wish to reduce the height of the header area in my droid template, usually I can do this in template.css or in the index.php itself, but can’t quite figure out how to do it with this template.
    Can anyone advise?

uniquebiz Friend

<em>@colinjoomlart 192339 wrote:</em><blockquote>Pardon me if this is a silly question, but I wish to reduce the height of the header area in my droid template, usually I can do this in template.css or in the index.php itself, but can’t quite figure out how to do it with this template.
    Can anyone advise?</blockquote>

look at template.css line 354 for the link to the header image which is 298px by 298px edit the image height to suit, remember if you are using different colour the image will probably be in a different folder to match the colour choice

#ja-header {
    background:url(“../images/header-bg.jpg”) repeat-x scroll left top transparent;

}

Cheers Shannon

Colin Sherlock Friend

Thanks for that, I have tried reducing the image size as suggested and allthough it reduces the width of the colour, it does not reduce the height of the header area itself. Cant quite but my finger on whats keeping this height

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Try this :

Open the your_site/templates/ja_droid/css/template.css

around line 361

/* Logo Image ---*/
    h1.logo { float: none; margin: 40px auto 20px; width: 302px; height: 93px; }

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat left;
    display: block;
    width: 302px;
    height: 93px;

Change the height variable at both the above positions. That should get the header height shortened.

Arvind
    }

tphmedia Friend

<em>@drarvindc 192367 wrote:</em><blockquote>Try this :

Open the your_site/templates/ja_droid/css/template.css

around line 361

/* Logo Image ---*/
    h1.logo { float: none; margin: 40px auto 20px; width: 302px; height: 93px; }

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat left;
    display: block;
    width: 302px;
    height: 93px;

Change the height variable at both the above positions. That should get the header height shortened.

Arvind
    }</blockquote>

This changes the available size of the LOGO, not the entire header. Frankly, I’d like a logo that is 200px HIGH and the area around it not much bigger! HELP!!!!

If I reduce the size of the image, the image is smaller, but there is a big white space where the image was!

Here’s the link to the site — mgpools

Note the background just dwarfs the logo. No, we’re NOT changing the logo .. in fact would like to make it BIGGER

tphmedia Friend

Anything!!!!!

davebau Friend

Here’s your answer:

Template.css
    line 354
    #ja-header { background: url(../images/header-bg.jpg) repeat-x left top;height:125px;}
    (this adjusts the height of the header)

line 361
    h1.logo { float: none; margin: 0px auto 0px; width: 700px; height: 100px; }
    (this will center your logo)

see example @ http://www.theprudentwife.com

Hope this answered your question.

-DaveB!

silver007a Friend

You can change the gap between the logo and the top of the page/header by changing the margins in ja_droid/css/template.css line 361

h1.logo { float: none; margin: 40px auto 20px; width: 302px; height: 129px; }

Change to:

h1.logo { float: none; margin: 20px auto 20px; width: 302px; height: 129px; }

There are also the padding settings you can change in plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/css/template.css

#ja-header .main { padding: 30px 0 15px; }

change to:

#ja-header .main { padding: 5px 0 5px; }

Hope that helps

🙂

cndglobal Friend

<em>@davebau 201969 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here’s your answer:

Template.css
    line 354
    #ja-header { background: url(../images/header-bg.jpg) repeat-x left top;height:125px; (this adjusts the height of the header)see example @ http://www.theprudentwife.com
    !</blockquote>
    This only changed the header height on the “Home” page…all other pages still have the old header height.
    How do I change the header height site wide?
    Thanks,
    cndglobal

Saguaros Moderator

Hi cndglobal,

So that I can try to best assist you, please provide the url of the site you’re working on and screenshot of how you want to accomplish.

Regards

cndglobal Friend

Saguaros
    I sent the credentials in a private message.
    cndglobal

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Mike,

Your 2 attached images are so different from the site you sent me. Is that correct link? Is so send me screenshot again of how you want to achieve.

Regards

cndglobal Friend

Saguaros
    I have a temp page up while I’m working on the site. (index.html)
    To see the joomla template homepage use…… (index.php)
    thanks,
    cndg

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You can open file: /templates/ja_droid/css/template.css

– Around line 436:

#ja-header {
    background: url("../images/header-bg.jpg");
    height: 150px; <<<<< add this line and change to your desired value
    }

– Add this css rule in this template.css file:

#ja-header .main {
    padding: 1px;
    }

Remember to clean JAT3 cache in backend after changing.

Hope this helps.

cndglobal Friend

Saguaros
    Thanks for your help. That worked good for the index.php homepage but all the interior pages still show the larger header.
    I have cleared the cache and also tested in a browser that I had not opened the site in before.
    Still large header in inside pages.
    cnd

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum