Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I seem to have a problem with redirections on https://www.sense-pro.org

I took over this website (someone else built this website with the purity iii template. 3 templates are allocated to the site:

• purity_III – sense – features-intro-2 (default on all pages)
    • purity_III – sense – corporate
    • purity_III – sense – corporate – kunena)

I first noticed the problem when I clicked on the ‘Forgot password’ and ‘Forgot username’ links that are on the ‘Forum’ page (https://www.sense-pro.org/index.php/sense-forum). Upon clicking on those, the user gets sent to the Footer area of the Home Page instead of the usual form to fill. I thought perhaps this had been set up on purpose by the previous webmaster…

When later on, I installed Chronoforms5, I could not access the form if the Menu connected to my form to was set to ‘Template Style: purity_III – sense – features-intro-2’. The user was sent to the Footer area again. Any other choice of template and the form would load normally.

Finally, if I set up a redirection to a Thank You page after a form is submitted by the user, the user is being sent to the Footer area again. (even if the Thank You page is an article linked to a Hidden Menu set to a template other than the troublesome ‘purity_III – sense – features-intro-2’)

On right-click –> Inspect –> Console doesn’t show any JS conflict.

I tried turning SEF to ‘No’ in Global Configuration, but the problem remains.

When I change the main template to the default Purity III template (or the other templates in use like purity_III – sense – corporate or purity_III – sense – corporate – kunena) everything runs normally. It’s only when the default template for the site is set to ‘purity_III – sense – features-intro-2’ that the problem occurs.

I really don’t know what might be causing this problem, and I think I’ve reached the dreaded mental block. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please help!

PHP 7.0.16
    Joomla! 3.6.5 Stable

Many thanks in advance!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly submit your site super user details via Private reply.
    I will check it with default Joomla template and the configuration of search module.
    If you have redirections rules in .htaccess file kindly remove them.

Regards

domimal4@gmail.com Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly open the template manager and apply the template to default that has a component section in its layout.
    Rest you will assign the template style manually to menu items.
    Make sure the default template style must have the component section to display the output.

Regards

domimal4@gmail.com Friend

Dear Pankaj Sharma,

You are a life-saver! It was so simple, and I was so blind to what had been done! I can’t thank you enough. All in working order now (well, I still need to test my Chronoforms redirection now but I feel confident it will work somehow!). Thank you.

So, to clarify my problem and the solution:

• Problem: When the user clicked on a link to be redirected to a form, for example ‘forgot password’, the user was redirected to the Home page, but no form would show. That was because the default template assigned to all pages was ‘purity_III – features-intro-2’ template, which has not ‘auto-component’ block in the Layout.
    • So the steps I took:
      1. Template Manager –> Assign default template to ‘purity_III – corporate’ (if you click on the template name link, it opens ‘Edit Style’. Then look under the ‘Layout’ eyelet, and when you scroll down, you can see the ‘auto-component’ block in pale peach colour)
      2. Went to Menu Manager –> Main Menu –> Edit Home –> Set Menu Item Type to : ‘xLayout – Blog’, then selected Template Style: purity_III – features-intro-2 to obtain this layout style on my home page (but I still have the default template loaded with the component block required to display a redirection form).

Et voila! So I guess it is understanding the difference between template and template style.

Keep up the good work guys! Thanks again 🙂
    Kind regards,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  domimal4@gmail.com 7 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum