Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’m using Teline V on a multilingual site, English and German. They are not separate sets of articles, but translations from articles in the other language.

Thats’ why I’m storing articles of both languages in the same categories. It avoids duplication and simplifies the management.

Joomla is quite smart at only displaying the articles with the language setting of “English” or “All” on the English side, and those with “German” or “All” on the German side.

The problem I’m approaching you about is that the “new articles” module in the “what’s new” position isn’t quite as smart as Joomla. It doesn’t differentiate between the language settings of the articles, it only cares about the date.

I realise that it might become a little bit slower if it had to filter by article language as well as publishing date.

I’m not too fussed about the wrong counting, but it really is a problem that when I click on the red square, it shows me all new articles in the category, irrespective of language.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @andrewwinkler,

I have just raised an issue so our development team can have a look at this matter, you can see it here.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

I have fixed this issue on Teline V template, this fix will be released in next version of template.
    For quick fix, please open the file

templates/ja_teline_v/helper.php

Find the code snippet:[PHP]
    $query ->where(‘(publish_up >= ‘.$lastDate.’)’)
    ->where(‘(publish_down = ‘.$nullDate.’ OR publish_down >= ‘.$nowDate.’)’);[/PHP]

And add this code below after it:
    [PHP]//filter by language
    $query->where(‘language in (‘ . $db->quote(JFactory::getLanguage()->getTag()) . ‘,’ . $db->quote(‘*’) . ‘)’);[/PHP]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum