Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I would like to know the preferred method to upload images for this template for use in the real estate listings.

I have been creating a property item folder and uploading images there via media manager then going to K2 and selecting the images for the listing and for the gallery. Using K2 allows for image selection from the users computer or the server.

I’m trying to keep this as simple as possible for the site owner so they do not need to do a lot of image formating. Inserting code in the content is not the best solution for site owners, but it appears to be the only way for this to work.

I’m interested in how others are inserting images or alternative solutions, plugins etc.

Cheers.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi aardcom,

Have you ever tried K2 Simple image gallery (extension for K2 with fee)? It can let you upload an image folder and insert to the article with just one simple step.

aardcom Friend

It is more about the management process for a single image when used with K2 content. It looks to me like you need to upload an image using mediamanager which then gets stored in images/stories/new item folder/image then go to k2 find the image you uploaded and set it using the image tab. I can work with that but would prefer to have the image size set by k2 and restrict access to the images/stories folders. K2 stores the images under /media/k2 not /images/

Its also about user privileges. I can give editors access to K2 to upload content but not images. They do not seem to get directed to a new folder. Could be something amiss with my local server settings but the images uploaded using the K2 image tab seem to be cache files only.

I’d like to simplify the process and have editors upload directly to one location. Maybe it is only possible to do using the SIGpro module. If you upload a folder does it set the image sizes? Can you create directories with it?

Ninja Lead Moderator

If you upload a folder does it set the image sizes? Can you create directories with it?

In fact I dont have to care about that and also haven’t checked which place the extension saves image, but its simple to find out.

It does create thumbnails for each image, then lists all the thumbnails in the article, clicking on each thumb will open a popup of the full image. You can try the extension by yourself to have your own opinion.

aardcom Friend

:laugh:
    Often I wish I didn’t care what extensions did, but far too often they don’t do what you expect or interfere with another extension. I’ll give it a try and let you know. If it solves the issue I’ll let you know.

aardcom Friend

OK installed the component and yes it works for the upload, but not with the template. On my site in K2 it only shows the link to the images not the “gallery” Checked the joomlaworks site for a clue and they have the following posted.

“The workaround will be to (unfortunately) disable by default the nice printing features of Simple Image Gallery Pro and have it enabled only by the user.
    I urge you to post this on the JoomlArt forums so they know that they mess up plugins, sites etc. that legitimately use the Joomla API.
    We don’t mess up with the template, the template shouldn’t mess up with any other extension…”

Nice….another unusable purchase. I’ll see what happens with the next version they have they say may address the issue. Apparently there are many others with the same issue.

aardcom Friend

Well in this instance I spoke and someone heard my cries. SIGpro released a new version this afternoon that works in K2 with template overrides. New version released today on their site 2.52. Installed over the previous and lo and behold you can now upload zipped image folders and they appear in gallery format at the bottom of the page.

Im working on 1.53 joomla verion but they say it works for 1.6 as well.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Installed over the previous and lo and behold you can now upload zipped image folders and they appear in gallery format at the bottom of the page.

That means it is ok now?

aardcom Friend

Yes it now works with the overides using T3. There are other users who may benefit from the new download judging by some posts in other template forums. JA may want to consider a forum section for K2 since it is used in most templates and many issues that are K2 related are not necessarily template specific.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aardcom 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum