Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone

I’ve got a really weird problem which has been driving me crazy for two days now :((

So, I thought I would share it with you all and see if anyone can kick up an idea I’ve not thought of! 😀

Here’s the problem … yesterday, one of our Editor’s created an article. I inserted the images into this article and published. However, when I view in the browser, the photograph is missing at both Section and Category level:

However, it does pull the article caption. Also, when I click the ‘Read More’ and go into the article, the image is just fine:

So, I then waste most of yesterday messing around with this article. Things I tried were moving the pic, deleting the pic and inserting another pic, checking HTML for any strange tags or code and removing them. Nothing worked. Every time I published, no matter what image I used, same problem, only the caption appears at section/category levels.

So, this morning, I decide to delete the article and start a new one. I create a new article, brand new Title, brand new Alias. I retype the text (rather than a copy and paste as we know the problems with that). I insert an image (different one to previous attempts) and publish.

Same Problem!!! >:(

Here is the article as it appears in the Editor:

And, here’s the HTML code:

As you can see, there’s absolutely nothing in the code which should stop the pic from publishing?

Another strange thing is that the photograph does appear on the home page!

Does anybody have any ideas what the problem could be? Also, why should this problem occur twice in two days, different article, retyped text, different pic?

Or, does it not like the word Architect in the heading, that’s the only thing I did the same! 😀

Cheers
    Chris

questbg Friend

<em>@questbg 71257 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve got a really weird problem which has been driving me crazy for two days now :((
    </blockquote>

Make that 3 days now! >:(

Quick Update:

The problem seems to be multiplying. Another two articles we published today have exactly the same problem, but only section/category pages, front page and article are fine:

and

questbg Friend

PS. Another Update:

It appears that what I first believed to be the ‘caption’ which was appearing in the area where the missing pic is, it’s actually the title of the article, not the caption.

zdiar Friend

Does this strange thing exist if you use other types of browsers?
    (For back-end and viewing)

bowman999 Friend

I have a similar problem here too. If I insert an image, the image disappears when published. The html looks fine. Looks like a bug. Did you migrate from Joomla 1.0. I was wondering if this was somehow the cause? I’m still investigating, but will post back if I find a solution. Did you fix it in the end?!

anaivelisse Friend

Chris-

In think the problem resides in the Read More line. I had a similar problem and all I had to do was “break” the article with the “read more” far below the image.

😉

bowman999 Friend

I had a lot of problems with images displaying/not displaying. This morning I turned off the cache (under plug ins) that comes with Joomla 1.5.5. All is now working fine! Although I do want to use the cache, so if anyone has a work around that allows me to use it and still cache my site please let me know!

Try it out and let me know if it works for you.:)

John

questbg Friend

<em>@anaivelisse 71468 wrote:</em><blockquote>In think the problem resides in the Read More line. I had a similar problem and all I had to do was “break” the article with the “read more” far below the image.
    </blockquote>

Hi Ana

Already tried moving the Read More line, even removed the Read More altogether, but no success yet!

<em>@bowman999 71535 wrote:</em><blockquote>I had a lot of problems with images displaying/not displaying. This morning I turned off the cache (under plug ins) that comes with Joomla 1.5.5.
    </blockquote>

Hi John

I’m running Joomla 1.5.3 with the cache switched off. I’ve tried it with cache on and off, no difference!

Maybe somebody from JA could give a response?

questbg Friend

<em>@questbg 71570 wrote:</em><blockquote>Maybe somebody from JA could give a response?
    </blockquote>

Of course, I’ve been around long enough now to realise that there was no hope of that! 😉

Day Four – Fixed!

After spending four days on the one article, I’ve found the problem. Everything now fixed!

It turns out that all the articles where the image was not appearing at Section level (but was appearing in the actual article) were all using images from one particular folder in the images directory!

Turns out the problem is, you can NOT have capital letters in your directory names (I’ve just found this in another thread which confirmed these findings).

So, when I was inserting images from /stories/buildingDIY they appear in article, but not in section

I create a new folder /stories/buildingdiy and upload same images, everything works fine.

It’s a shame I wasted four days to find this out when I’m convinced somebody at JA could have probably told me that all that time ago and saved me 4 man-days of development!

:((

Sherlock Friend

Ok questbg !
    i will mark this thread to “solved”.

questbg Friend

Yes please, this one fixed!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  questbg 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum