Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

When will ja sulfur be ready for Joomla 2.5? I really need to update soon :S

TomC Moderator

<em>@hoeks 306847 wrote:</em><blockquote>When will ja sulfur be ready for Joomla 2.5? I really need to update soon :S</blockquote>

At this time JA still does not know whether there will be a big push to go and re-visit older templates and add new features to them. JA still have a number of components to update and test and those are the priority at the moment. JA Voice, and JA Comment are 2 examples of big components that are actively being worked on.

However, it is my understanding that our JA Devs have given the “thumbs up” to agreeing to update a number of our older J1.5 Templates – though there is neither a list nor timeframe we can provide at this particular time as to when this will occur. In the meantime, there ARE methods to update the Joomla version manually – from J1.5 to J1.7/J2.5 – instructions for which are available within our Member Community Forum Sections.

ghostik Friend

please, I also waiting for this joomla 2.5 template

hoeks Friend

still no update? One should expect that this template would be updated, right? I have built a whole community on it and made loads of changes so I am really dependent on it.

I need to know a timeframe – otherwise I will have to cut my losses now and change to another template.

psycho_bob Friend

i´m waiting, too.

Phill Moderator

Like many other template clubs, JA have not updated many of our older templates to Joomla 2.5. Some may never be updated while others certainly will be. So far JA have done a great job of getting over 30 templates available for Joomla 2.5 along with numerous extensions and this process is still ongoing.

As for JA Sulfur I cannot at this time give you a timeframe as we simply do not know when or even if this particular template will be one of those that JA will re-visit and update. While it might on the surface appear a simple task to update a template it really is a lot more complex than it looks. The JAT3 based ones were relatively simple but still took a few days of development and testing each. Pre JAT3 templates such as JA Sulfur would take a lot more time and as such could only be squeezed into spare time for working upon.

My personal view on this is now would be a great time to re-fresh your website. Moving to J2.5 from J1.5 is quite a task but the effort in moving onto a shiny new template at the same time is quite minimal. JA have come a long way since Sulfur was released nearly 3 years ago and while it was a stylish design the platform it is based on is a little dated. With minimal effort templates such as JA Tiris could be adjusted to look very similar but with all the advantages of the JAT3 platform.

hoeks Friend

hello – and thanks for your answer.

I am a devolper myself and I know very well, that doing this update will take time.

However I am running ja-sulfur on Joomla! 1.7.3 Stable already. I just did the updates myself and it works on almost all parts of the site.

you can check it out here: http://www.erfaland.dk

the only thing I am asking for is just information about whether the update is comming or not, because there are some small bugs I still havn’t fixed and there will ofcourse be more in the future. Therefore I am trying to decide whether to change or to continue myself with the development.

However I have understanding for your situation and your answer is good enough for me. Keep up the good work and then one day – hopefully – we will get this template completely updated.

Phill Moderator

You have done a great job with that. Well done.

One thing I would like to warn you about though is a recently discovered security flaw in all versions of Joomla from J1.6.0 right up to J2.5.2. It is quite a serious one and I usrge you to attempt to update to Joomla 2.5.3 asap.

Please see the recent release details here – http://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5416-joomla-253-released.html

Looking at your work I am sure with your skills you could take JA Tiris and apply a similar look very quickly. JA also have a template for Jomsocial shipped it the JA Social template but this might take a little more effort to fit well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum