Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

On the original front page of JA ERICA there are 4 “read more” stories. When I click on either of these the don’t open a new page, but the artice is shown on the same (front) page. Anyone knows how to get rid of this?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi dennuz

Do you want to open articles on a new window? To solve it, please open modulesmod_janewslighttmpldefault.php file, find following code section:

if ($showreadmore) echo "<a href="$link" class="readon">".JTEXT::_("READ MORE...")."</a>";
    and change to:

if ($showreadmore) echo "<a href="$link" class="readon" target="_blank">".JTEXT::_("READ MORE...")."</a>";

dennuz Friend

Hi, when I do this I get;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ‘,’ or ‘;’ in /storage/mijndomein/mydomein.nl/modules/mod_janewslight/tmpl/default.php on line 45
    —-

My line 45 is

[PHP]if ($showreadmore) echo “<a href=”$link” class=”readon” target=”_blank”>”.JTEXT::_(“READ MORE…”).”</a>”;[/PHP]

Anonymous Moderator

I am sorry.

Please change to:

if ($showreadmore) echo “<a href=”$link” class=”readon” target=”_blank”>”.JTEXT::_(“READ MORE…”).”</a>”;

dennuz Friend

Thanks for your help but that didn’t solve it either…

The first time I click on the READ MORE it works, but the second time or third, or fourth it doesn’t work anymore.

Another thing, there is no deafult.php in /modules/mod_janewslight
    only in modules/mod_janewslight/tmpl … that is the one I have been changing.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi dennuz

Could you submit a ticket, send us your live url, admin account so that we have a closer look on the issue?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum