Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

The Read More link is not working correctly on:-

http://www.holiday-rentals-oz.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=14&Itemid=419

It is coming up with the link Comments(15) instead of Read More. When you click on the Comments link it shows the remaining article plus the comments.

Tried:-
    – a different editor;
    – disabling the editor, typing the code manually;

The column on the right the link “More Detail” also doesn’t work.

Whilst on the subject does anyone know the name of the file where I can change the wording of “More Detail” or “Read More”

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

gray Friend

Do you have “Read more… Link” option set to “Show” (Joomla’s back-end, Articles, Configuration)?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi

the Feature news module is only a custom html module. We added some text into this module. You have to add a link into these link or use other module.

asduncan Friend

Thanks. Have activated the Read On. and set it to show. I don’t understand the comments above but I will try and add a fresh new article and see if this shows up the read on link.

Does anyone know where I can change the wording of Read on….

asduncan Friend

Okay. When I set the Read On to show, the articles show “Comments (x)”, when I set the Read On to hide the “Comments (x)” doesn’t show.

So how do I replace the Comments (x) with other wording – like “Click to continue”

Anonymous Moderator

Hi asduncan

This text is from intensedebate service. You could not change it but you can disable this text

Edit ja comment plugin, change Display Comment Count from Yes to No

asduncan Friend

Have ended up using the Alternative Readmore plugin:-
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/structure-a-navigation/site-links/5279

this works well.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi asduncan

Thanks for your post

please feel free to contact us if you are in need of further assistance

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum