Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello, I don’t have a live site yet, but as you can see from my attached picture, I am having a couple problems.

Hopefully these should be two pretty quick answers, but I haven’t been able to figure them out.

Update: Solved this first issue… How can I change the “Read more…” links? Common sense tells me to alter the a.readon in the CSS, but when I change this it has no effect on the template. I just want to change the color of the text and add a small graphic to the left of the text.

1. I have gone through the CSS completely and have not been able to make padding between my articles! As the image shows, there is no space between them right now.

Thanks in advance for your help!! :-*
    john6555

1. 2007-07-07_024010
    Hieu Nguyen Admin

Please try to give a live demo. I didn’t install this template.

john6555 Friend

As I said, I don’t have a live site yet. I will not have a live site anytime soon, and I know this makes it more difficult for you to troubleshoot my problem, but unfortunately that is how it is.

The “Read more…” problem was fixed only after changing the CSS and then restarting my computer. Any other CSS property that I changed I was able to see immediate effect on, so I don’t know why I was required to restart for the “Read more…” change.

I am still unable to find exactly which CSS property (or somewhere else?) will change the inner margins or padding of the article columns. I have to believe that this is an easy solution though, because I don’t see other Joomla sites with the articles smashed up next to each other! This should hopefully be easy enough you don’t need a live site.

🙂

1. 2007-07-09_224424
    Menalto Friend

Can you email me a copy of your template? Make a zip file of it and send.You find my email adress in my sig

john6555 Friend

Email sent. What did you find?

Hieu Nguyen Admin

I want to have a zipfile too,

kashxo Friend

It’s nothing to do with templates because the code its self doesn’t have any class. For your request, just open php file (./components/com_content/content.php) and find this line:
    [PHP]echo ‘<table width=”100%” cellpadding=”0″ cellspacing=”0″>’;[/PHP]
    It’s exact or nearly the line 1265
    And change cellpadding=”0″ to celpadding=”10″ will fit what you need.

Goodluck.

john6555 Friend

<em>@kashxo 20598 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s nothing to do with templates because the code its self doesn’t have any class. For your request, just open php file (./components/com_content/content.php) and find this line:
    [PHP]echo ‘<table width=”100%” cellpadding=”0″ cellspacing=”0″>’;[/PHP]
    It’s exact or nearly the line 1265
    And change cellpadding=”0″ to celpadding=”10″ will fit what you need.

Goodluck.</blockquote>
    Thank you, very nice!! 😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  john6555 16 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum