Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

If I insert a Read more line in a article, the layout crashing on frontpage, please see attached image:

Try to remove the “Read more” line from this article:

http://www.campingoplevelser.dk/oplevelser/96-pladsbeskrivelser/danmark/1034-frigard-camping-her-er-plads-til-alle

Refresh frontpage and all is OK again (look at the bottom of the frontpage).

Adam M Moderator

Hi @eagledk,

There’s a problem with HTML code in article Frig?rd Camping – Her er plads til alle, I temporary disable that article and everything work fine, please recheck.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @eagledk,

There’s a problem with HTML code in article Frig?rd Camping – Her er plads til alle, I temporary disable that article and everything work fine, please recheck.

eagledk Friend

<em>@Adam M 496903 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @eagledk,

There’s a problem with HTML code in article Frig?rd Camping – Her er plads til alle, I temporary disable that article and everything work fine, please recheck.</blockquote>

Off course there is a problem with the code, thats why I made this case.

So please give me a solution, and not just, “Please disable article”, this does not fix the issue!!
    This issue is on more than one article, so do I have to disable all them too?

eagledk Friend

<em>@Adam M 496903 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @eagledk,

There’s a problem with HTML code in article Frig?rd Camping – Her er plads til alle, I temporary disable that article and everything work fine, please recheck.</blockquote>

Off course there is a problem with the code, thats why I made this case.

So please give me a solution, and not just, “Please disable article”, this does not fix the issue!!
    This issue is on more than one article, so do I have to disable all them too?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @eagledk,

First off, please note that we do not cover about the problem with your content, in this case there’s a HTML code generated by 3rd party extension you used to edit your content.

I mentioned about temporary disable the article so you can see that the problem is related to HTML code of that article, not all articles. Here I will cover about 1 case so you can replicate it to all the rest :

1. As you can see in s1.jpg, missing closing tag will break the layout of this article (and even other page which contains this article).

2. Open article editor, hit the Source button (<>) to view HTML code. Now you will see the code of readmore inserted inside article. If the readmore tag inserted here, which mean the closing </div> tag would be missing (see s2.jpg).

3. Now all we have to do is add the missing closing </div> tag before readmore HTML code. One more thing, if there’s opening <div> in the first line which mean there would be closing </div> somewhere at the end of article and we also have to add 1 <div> tag right below readmore HTML code as well (see s3.jpg).

4. If everything work as it should, you should see the sidebar as in s4.jpg.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @eagledk,

First off, please note that we do not cover about the problem with your content, in this case there’s a HTML code generated by 3rd party extension you used to edit your content.

I mentioned about temporary disable the article so you can see that the problem is related to HTML code of that article, not all articles. Here I will cover about 1 case so you can replicate it to all the rest :

1. As you can see in s1.jpg, missing closing tag will break the layout of this article (and even other page which contains this article).

2. Open article editor, hit the Source button (<>) to view HTML code. Now you will see the code of readmore inserted inside article. If the readmore tag inserted here, which mean the closing </div> tag would be missing (see s2.jpg).

3. Now all we have to do is add the missing closing </div> tag before readmore HTML code. One more thing, if there’s opening <div> in the first line which mean there would be closing </div> somewhere at the end of article and we also have to add 1 <div> tag right below readmore HTML code as well (see s3.jpg).

4. If everything work as it should, you should see the sidebar as in s4.jpg.

eagledk Friend

<em>@Adam M 497155 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @eagledk,

</blockquote>

Well if you just had told me in the first place that it was my editor that made the problem, I had off course made a case at their site, but you just told me there was a problem with the code.

But thanks for the your explanation of the problem in details. I will take this info to vendor of the editor, and have them to correct the problem.

Regards

Morten

eagledk Friend

<em>@Adam M 497155 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @eagledk,

</blockquote>

Well if you just had told me in the first place that it was my editor that made the problem, I had off course made a case at their site, but you just told me there was a problem with the code.

But thanks for the your explanation of the problem in details. I will take this info to vendor of the editor, and have them to correct the problem.

Regards

Morten

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eagledk 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum