Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

May i know where i can get documentation for setting min -to max range values…. I v been searching for 2hours….

I just have an extra fied called price and I want to filter onto it using range values…

please…. why is there no documentation of this??

james.

jmart Friend

i have just uploaded the site to http://www.mhotel.lucidco.info so that you can play around with it… if you need admin and password kindly give me your email and i will send.

There are four hotels in this example each with different k2category, different price (EXTRAFIELD), and different city (EXTRAFIELD). I need to be able to filter on these. Nothing complicated….

I really need this functionality to work by wednesday/thursday…. I would also like to see documentation somewhere… This is the first time I am completely lost with joomlart….

Regards,
    James.

Ninja Lead Moderator

hi jmart, pm me the admin account, I will check for you.

jmart Friend

hi is there any news on this…..? I am in dear need of this plugin….

James

Ninja Lead Moderator

dear jmart, here is the place you need to go:
    admin > plugin manager > Search – JA Filter for K2 Extrafields
    you can change k2 extra fields search option here.

jmart Friend

<em>@hungnd 225116 wrote:</em><blockquote>dear jmart, here is the place you need to go:
    admin > plugin manager > Search – JA Filter for K2 Extrafields
    you can change k2 extra fields search option here.</blockquote>

I am very sorry but this module is still not working…. I have been trying different options to get this to work but havent found a solution. The problem is self-explanatary…. please login to site on this new url maltahotel.lucidwebdesignmalta.com

and the problem its not only related to ranges but with the whole functionality of this plugin. Try flipping a city search from st. julians to qawra and you will note that the plugin is not working. Please note that i have installed this plugin on the quickstart of japortafolio.

I really need to get this module to work!

James

Ninja Lead Moderator

What do you mean “not working” ? I have just tested Search – JA Filter for K2 Extrafields, and it worked fine when I changed the “Filter Type” of each field. Please choose “Range values” for you desired field then input each value in a line of the big textbox.

jmart Friend

ok so forget ranges for the moment… lets try and get basic funstionality to work…

I have created the following items in k2. I have associated them to extra fields vicinity and city as detailed below, You may notice that the first search may bring the correct results but thereafter effecting another search it displays the same results and reverts the combos to the first search.

These are the records listed for your testing… I have appended the city ExtraField and vicinity ExtraField Values to the K2 item names so you can visibly test if the returned results are correct

The British Hotel, Valletta East

Alexandra Hotel, St. Julians North
    Balluta Hotel, St. Julians North
    Rokna Hotel St. Julians North
    Hilton Hotel, St. Julians North
    Westin Dragonara Hotel, St. Julians North

Imperial Hotel, Sliema South
    Diplomat Hotel, Sliema South
    Fortina Spa Resort, Sliema South

Sunny Coast Hotel, Qawra West
    Seashells Resort at Suncrest, Qawra West

Radisson Hotel, St. Pauls Bay, East

A Gold Hotel (Msida/ East/ Gozo)

They are all in country malta except for the last one which has Extra field Country ‘Gozo’.
    Please do not hesitate to ask if you require more info or access to the backen ( I had already PM’d you on this incident)
    Regards James

jmart Friend

hi mr hung,
    can you kindly see to this call, its been 4 weeks that i have logged this call and still something is not quite right with the default portafolio template and this plugin…. see details above for an explanation… i need this to work so that I can close this project its abit urgent now….

Best,
    James.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Yes I am here, let me clarify this:

When I check “20-40” in price chooser of the right blue box (k2 filter), hit Find hotel, it returns:
    – Seashells Resort at Suncrest
    – Radisson Hotel

When I change to ’40-60′, hit Find hotel, it returns:
    – Hilton Hotel

We can see its working properly now, what is the problem?

jmart Friend

there is a misunderstanding between us…

let me explain… I decided NOT to use ranges for the time being so pls forget all about this!

and the site has been moved to this new location: ( i think you have missed my note and tested on the old site)
    http://maltahotel.lucidwebdesignmalta.com

the problem is very well described in #8. If you want a quick how-to on this bug just go to the front end search module and change the vicinity from north to south click search =results ok
    and back again from south back to north => result set NOT OK.

Basically everthing is fine for the first search but then on the 2nd 3rd searches nothing works and the dropdown reverts to the old value. Result set is always related to first time round search too!

I hope this clarifies.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Thanks jmart,

Now I understand the error. Trying to change some configs I could not get the 2nd and 3rd searches work properly, I can not have a solution right now for you. This is a bug of JA k2 filter, our devs will investigate it and you have to wait to have the fix:
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECMODKIIFILTER-54

jmart Friend

how long do you think will this take? i purchased this subscription solely for this extension….. I would appreciate if you can speed this up for me…

I was meant to deploy this site in 3 weeks.

Thanking you & Regards,
    James.

jmart Friend

Hi hungnd

I am still waiting for arvind to respond to this call its been 1.5 months and i need to get this plugin working this week. Can you kindly chase arvind to take a look at the issue please? give abit of peace of mind that the problem is being looked into please….

send u my best
    james.

jmart Friend

i am still waiting to see if anyone is going to fix this…. im not going to give…. the developers of this should find a solution….. cant understand why i dont get any support yet….. 2 months !!!! :((

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mamasboy 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum