Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

On a JA Wall QuickStart site (latest version of everything), I have changed the Blog Layout option for the HOME menu to ‘Article Order: Random Order’. It seems to work the way that I want it to, by showing a different order of articles with every refresh.

However, I am seeing one or two duplicate articles showing up. For instance, if I have 10 restaurants in the database, I see ten articles show up, but McDonald’s might be shown twice and Arby’s might be shown twice, leaving two restaurants undisplayed. Upon refresh, a different pair of restaurants have two entries apiece.

The point where the problem lies appears to be when MORE ARTICLES are displayed, after a delay. There are no duplicates in the first set of restaurants that displays, but after the lazyload loads more entries, that’s when the duplicates show up.

It seems as if lazyload is finding a random set of articles, without considering which articles have already displayed. The only parameter that lazyload appears to be getting correct is the total number of articles to be displayed.

When the article order is set to be Title Alphabetical, then the problem disappears.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Burly Nerd,

Kindly share the credentials of your site: URL, Admin + FTP account so I can take a look.

Regards

Burly Nerd Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

It seems to be an issue here, I’ve reported to the team for further checking and update, pls stay tuned.

Regards

Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi.

I tried to access your site but the message aways show up.
    Forbidden
    You don’t have permission to access / on this server.

and ftp folder do not had any files too.

But you could try this.
    if you want to use random order you need to put the menu out of cache system to make it work.
    go to plugin : System – Page Cache -> Exclude Menu Items -> choose your menu.

the edit the file :
    /templates/ja_wall/js/wall.js
    Look for: line 198

var $newElems = $( newElements ).css({ opacity: 0 });

add the code under it.

let $hidele = new Array();
                    $newElems.each(function(){
                        if ($('.'+$(this).data('wall')).length > 1) {
                            $hidele.push('.'+$(this).data('wall'));
                        }
                    });
                    for (let x of $hidele) {
                        $(x).eq(1).remove();
                    }

and clear cache.
    that will do the trick.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mo0nlight 6 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum