Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi there

Many thanks for the template and modules they are fantastic.

I have just loaded the quartz quickstart module and have a slight problem. On jaslideshow the thumbnails are not showing the images. Likewise on jagallery the thumbnails are not showing although the images themselves are fine.

If I add thumbnail navigation to jaslideshow2 I ge the same situation, image fine but thumbnail not displaying.

Hope you can help

Many thanks Nick Vidal-Hall

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Check whether, images/resized folder exists and writable. might be folder permission problem.

lawweaver Friend

<em>@drarvindc 119872 wrote:</em><blockquote>Check whether, images/resized folder exists and writable. might be folder permission problem.</blockquote>

Hi there

Many thanks for the lightening reply. You were absolutely right, the images/resized folder was not present. I have now added this and matched the permissions to the other image files but I am still not getting the thumbnails. I have tried adding additional images in case it only creates the resized image when it is inserted but no luck.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers Nick

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

then the resized images of the rotating banners can be found in the

/images/resized/images/stories/slideshow/

To cross check. Mark the folder permission to 755. Ja slideshow auto generates the thumbnails.

Please confirm with these folder permissions.

lawweaver Friend

Hi

First of all thanks drarvindc for your help :)- but I’m afraid I’m stil all at sea here.

Something really quite strange going on here. The folders you mentioned were not present. I have added them with the appropriate file permissions but I am still not getting the thumbnails. Of course there is also the question of why the directories where not created in the first place. If you look at the site you will see I am getting exactly the same problem on the gallery thumbnails – http://www.arranvidal-hall4county.org . I can only get there is some sort of sub-routine that creates the thumbnails but I have no knowledge of php and so far trawling through the code hasn’t helped. I have also tried reuploading the module – again with no effect.

Sorry to keep coming back but although this appears quite a minor problem it sets a major limitation on the site and I just can’t think of what to try next. Can anyone suggest another line of investigation I could take?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@lawweaver 119963 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi

First of all thanks drarvindc for your help :)- but I’m afraid I’m stil all at sea here.

Something really quite strange going on here. The folders you mentioned were not present. I have added them with the appropriate file permissions but I am still not getting the thumbnails. Of course there is also the question of why the directories where not created in the first place. If you look at the site you will see I am getting exactly the same problem on the gallery thumbnails – http://www.arranvidal-hall4county.org . I can only get there is some sort of sub-routine that creates the thumbnails but I have no knowledge of php and so far trawling through the code hasn’t helped. I have also tried reuploading the module – again with no effect.

Sorry to keep coming back but although this appears quite a minor problem it sets a major limitation on the site and I just can’t think of what to try next. Can anyone suggest another line of investigation I could take?</blockquote>

Even if i delete all the thumbnails from the folder “Joomla_Folder/images/resized/images/stories” , and hit the ctrl+F5 (force reload browser), all the thumbnails are generated again.

So the two probable area’s of problem i can think of is 1. folder permission 2. Presence of GD library /imageMagick in your server environment. However, i am not sure whether JA Slideshow depends upon these (GD / ImageMagick) libraries to auto generate thumbnails.

Hope this gets solved at an earliest.

Regards

lawweaver Friend

<em>@drarvindc 119971 wrote:</em><blockquote>Even if i delete all the thumbnails from the folder “Joomla_Folder/images/resized/images/stories” , and hit the ctrl+F5 (force reload browser), all the thumbnails are generated again.

So the two probable area’s of problem i can think of is 1. folder permission 2. Presence of GD library /imageMagick in your server environment. However, i am not sure whether JA Slideshow depends upon these (GD / ImageMagick) libraries to auto generate thumbnails.

Regards</blockquote>

Still trying to solve this problem – further checking has showed that not only was my /images/resized folder not created, but somehow the file which seems to create the thumbnails – /mod_jaslideshow2/helper.php file was created with no execute priviledges. I changed these epecting it to burst into life – but no luck. Could anyone advise me of other files that this might rely that could also thave the wrong permissions. I really need to crack this!!!

Many thanks Nick

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

would like to have a personal look. if you are comfortable with it. may be you can pm me the ftp details. I still feel its much more file permission related.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Thanks for the access. Its solved now. You can see the thumbnails are being generated and are visible.
    Here were the problems :

1. You created the resized folder, but because of file ownership problem, the remaining folders were not generated.
    2. The autogenerated files / folder belongs to ” apache apache ” group, whereas folders created by ftp user have different owner.

Hope this explains. As i said, next time apart from checking for file permission, also check for ownership of folder.

Let me know if i missed something or if there is any other issue.

regards

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

This is what i have observed about Ja Slidehshow module :

It creates these folders automatically, oe under another : Required file permisission is 755 or 777 (in somce cases).

1.. /images/resized
    2. . /images/resized/images/
    3 . /images/resized/images/stories/
    4. /images/resized/images/stories/slideshow

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum