Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Site screwed! :((

I’ve used Rochea but it does some things I don’t want. Then I saw JA Quillaja I’d love to use JA Quillaja

Seeing that Quillaja had a quickstart file – I searched the forum to see what this does. Then I took your advice – copy to public_html and unzip – got this when connecting to the site!!!!

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log. >:(

This is on a hosting site for several sites. What do I do??

Its great that you have some fantastic templates that must have taken hours,days or even weeks to create. Sadly – it looks like (as with a lot of techies) time spent on instructions are considered wasted.
    Can you please help? Is there anywhere I can find out about using quickstart properly or install Quillaja to run just like on the demo ?
    Maybe you have a “HOWTO” section – but I haven’t found it yet?
    I read the users guide (all 7 pages) but it spends more time on telling you how good the fonts are than it does about good installation. Maybe you can recommend some good reading material (please??)

Sorry to be a dummy, but it looks like I’m not alone and I’d like to get value out of my subscription. Thanks – hopefully with my fingers crossed

gripster Friend

for me it worked after deleting the .htaccess

harryo Friend

Thanks gripster – fortunately – I had made a backup of public_html – so I deleted all and then put it back.
    I’d really appreciate it if you could explain what you did – coz on my hosted server, public_html has sub-domains underneath it. I also tried installing the template and modules but it doesnt look anything like the demo (modules in user1, user2 etc).

Any help to a poor dumb person would help thanks :confused:

Any chance of a screenshot of your site modules pls

confused(at)dougpacker.com

jimg Friend

Harryo.

I also downloaded / installed the template & noticed that it did not “look” the same as the demo site. I then erased the entire site directory (+sub directories), unzipped the quickstart & installed joomla + Ja quillara + the sample dataset. I did have to download the newflash module and uninstall / reinstall it to get the fixed version + modify ja-news to get everything working correctly, but it is working.

I don’t profess to be an expert, but i’m assuming that you know that the quickstart creates a new version of joomla. if you unzipped the quickstart over an existing install, some configuration files may still be in place that would cause the initial configuration page to not appear. For example, is there a configuration.php file in the directory where you extracted the quickstart? if so, then the quickstart is attempting to use those settings.

Jim

alextb Friend

I just deleted my server’s folder as its a test only stuff and uploaded the quickstart the way it is. Worked like a charm – except for that old JA_Newsflash bug which I can’t find the damned fix -_-

jimg Friend

AlexTB,

If you are referring to the JA_Newsflash bug you described in http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-newsflash-bug/ – I also experienced it after installation of the quickstart.

I downloaded the JA_Newsflash module, uninstalled the quickstart one, installed the downloaded one, and that fixed it – no more errors in the logs.

Why the version in the quickstart and the downloadable version the same revision number is a mystery to me… 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jimg 16 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum