Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I have tried quickstart several times.. it starts the install, starts to create databases, and then it just goes back to Step 3, as if nothing happened. When I look at phpmyAdmin, I see some tables were created. How do I get the installation to complete?

Thanks!

Stork11 Friend

Hello iammontoya,

I don’t have your database account and database name to launch to step 3. So I cant diagnose the problem. But I think you didn’t remove “installation” folder after installation process was completed. That’s why you went back to step 3.

Regards.

iammontoya Friend

I did try to manually delete the installation folder, as it never actually asked me to delete it, the way it has done every other time I have installed it. I will pm you database details. Thank you.

timheel Friend

I have the same problem. The installation process quits part way through before completion as iammontoya explained. I’m installing it on localhost with xampp.

timheel Friend

Here are some php error logs:
    [17-Mar-2013 16:41:26 UTC] PHP Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity “file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/mendozite/plugins/community/kunenamenu/kunenamenu.xml” in C:xampphtdocsmendozitelibrariesjoomlainstallerinstaller.php on line 1891

[17-Mar-2013 16:41:26 UTC] PHP Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity “file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/mendozite/plugins/community/kunenamenu/kunenamenu.xml” in C:xampphtdocsmendozitelibrariesjoomlainstallerinstaller.php on line 2100

[17-Mar-2013 16:41:26 UTC] PHP Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity “file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/mendozite/plugins/community/mykunena/mykunena.xml” in C:xampphtdocsmendozitelibrariesjoomlainstallerinstaller.php on line 1891

[17-Mar-2013 16:41:26 UTC] PHP Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity “file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/mendozite/plugins/community/mykunena/mykunena.xml” in C:xampphtdocsmendozitelibrariesjoomlainstallerinstaller.php on line 2100

iammontoya Friend

Can we get some support, please!!

Stork11 Friend

Hello,

Last step of installation generated warning error of Kunena extension. Please ask your hosting provider to turn “display_errors” to “Off”. So warning message would not show. It’s a problem of 3rd party Kunena extension.

Regards.

didima Friend

Quick start keep takes me back to overview 3 so cant finish installation ??

iammontoya Friend

Didima, I did what Stork11 suggested and asked my host to change the error display and it worked.

timheel Friend

Solved. Thanks Stork11:)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  timheel 11 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum