Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

<em>@cgc0202 64605 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am one of the proponents that new users must always start with the QuickStart kit. In fact, even if I know how to do it sequentially, when I was installing Gavick Templates, I had to do it the hard way — Joomla, then the Gavick template, then the Demo data, which erases the admin staff. It is a waste of 30-40 minutes of my time.

With Joomlart QuickStart kit, it takes me 5 minutes tops with Joomla 1.0x. And, about 12-20 minutes with the Joomla 1.5.x

So, why do I recommend people to “Begin anew!” as I tilled some of my postings? It is because quite often what was messed up, based from the errors posted are not really errors, but issues that come with being a new user.

So, by starting all over again — they will know that if they following the simple procedure, they can actually install at least the Demo.

I call it the psychological booster. It gives you confidence to move on.

Of course, with the issues in the Joomla1.5x-JA Teline II, that may be the highlight.:)

Cornelio</blockquote>
    Cornelio

This is good Idea. Thanks.

Cinthia

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@cinthiapolanco 64608 wrote:</em><blockquote>Cornelio

This is good Idea. Thanks.

Cinthia</blockquote>

I am glad you understand, Cinthia.

<em>@anaivelisse 62492 wrote:</em><blockquote>I…, for many of us, who have a website up and running, installing a database is not a solution to our problems.

I will really appreciate from JA Administration concrete answers to our questions and/or a clean template with the recommendations discussed here.

The dirty work is already done by good members of this forum. Someone needs to collect the information and correct the template skeleton as a customer service initiative.

Cordially,

Ana Ivelisse Feliciano
    username: anaivelisse</blockquote>

Now, to take the point of view of Ana. Indeed she has many points there. We cannot keep on reinstalling our site, if something goes awry. There are, as she stated, many solutions provided by other customers, some worked some done, and many issues were left unanswered. The latter being the most frustrating.

There must be a mechanism whereby all this should be collated. It is very inefficient for each of us to be searching through the forum every time we need to seek solutions. There must be better ways, like a centralized database that systematically organized the issues and the resolution to the questions asked in the forum.

Quite often, some of these question require require script changes. Unless the tutorial was written, it is likely that a new user may make a mistake. Quite often, even if done correctly, that will require a sequence of steps, for example, to change the css:

open FTP program

go to public_html => templates => ja_teline_ii => css => (a css file)

if there is only one to be corrected, it is not so bad. But, judging from the number of scripts that needed changing, won’t it be much faster and easier for everyone, if there is a central system where corrected files are placed. Each file identified, and the nature of correction made, and what was done to it, the cause why the correction was made.

It would just be a matter of downloading the files you need, properly group, so that it is even possible to place them in directories to mirror that of the Joomla-Teline so that all the files needed could be uploaded at the same time.

The above databases are very tedious to prepare, but if we consider that there might be hundreds or even thousands of customers wanting the same thing, the preparation of such databases of information and scripts would save so much time, for the many. Sure it would cost Joomlart lots of money to hire people to take care of these things.

But, they should be part of the service.

Cornelio

cinthiapolanco Friend

<em>@anaivelisse 62492 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have read several times through this forum “install quickstart” as the magic solution for the problems we face installing and customizing JA Teline II.

I am more than concerned about that, because, for many of us, who have a website up and running, installing a database is not a solution to our problems.

I will really appreciate from JA Administration concrete answers to our questions and/or a clean template with the recommendations discussed here.

The dirty work is already done by good members of this forum. Someone needs to collect the information and correct the template skeleton as a customer service initiative.

Cordially,

Ana Ivelisse Feliciano
    username: anaivelisse</blockquote>
    Hola, Ana Ivelise

Voy de lleno en español.

¡Por fin! Està resuelto el problema que te he venido tratando desde hace màs de una semana sobre la “desconfiguraciòn” del JA Teline II.

Ninguna de las propuestas que hicieron para solucionarlo resolviò la situaciòn. Solo la ùltima propuesta de Menalto funcionò a la perfecciòn.

El sugiriò desinstalar y luego instalar la plantilla. Lo hice, pero no dio resultado. Entonces me descarguè la versiòn JA Teline II v1.3 for Joomla 1.5.x, y ¡Zass! problema resuelto.

Por ahora, el JA Teline II v1.3 for Joomla 1.5.x se ve perfectamente en Mozilla Firefox e Internet Explorer.

Antes, lo instalè en local para ver como funcionaba y todo bien.

Sin embargo, cuando lo subì al servidor se volviò un desastre presentando mensajes de que una serie de archivos carecìan de permisos.

Recordè que en una situaciòn similar hiciste la sugerencia de cambiar los permisos a 777. Eso hice, cambiè los permisos a 777 y, por fìn, todo està como yo lo querìa en FF y el IE.

Parece que la versiòn JA Teline II v1.3 for Joomla 1.5.x corrige algunos problemas. Eso me alegra.
    Por tanto, la sugerencia de iniciar de nuevo y buscar una versiòn màs actualizada del JA Teline II me resultò fantastica.

Gracis a tì, a Menalto y Cris por su colaboraciòn.

Besos

Ah, lo escribì en español porque asì podìa darme a entender mejor. Mi mensaje es para tì, aunque en pùblico.
    Cinthia.

anaivelisse Friend

Me alegra que lo hayas resuelto y que el Super Menalto te haya podido ayudar. Y, caribeña, el español es mi primer idioma…:)

I am glad that you fix the problem with “Super Menalto’s Help. And, of course, Caribbean Girl, Spanish is my first language…:)

cinthiapolanco Friend

<em>@cgc0202 64625 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am glad you understand, Cinthia.

Now, to take the point of view of Ana. Indeed she has many points there. We cannot keep on reinstalling our site, if something goes awry. There are, as she stated, many solutions provided by other customers, some worked some done, and many issues were left unanswered. The latter being the most frustrating.

There must be a mechanism whereby all this should be collated. It is very inefficient for each of us to be searching through the forum every time we need to seek solutions. There must be better ways, like a centralized database that systematically organized the issues and the resolution to the questions asked in the forum.

Quite often, some of these question require require script changes. Unless the tutorial was written, it is likely that a new user may make a mistake. Quite often, even if done correctly, that will require a sequence of steps, for example, to change the css:

open FTP program

go to public_html => templates => ja_teline_ii => css => (a css file)

if there is only one to be corrected, it is not so bad. But, judging from the number of scripts that needed changing, won’t it be much faster and easier for everyone, if there is a central system where corrected files are placed. Each file identified, and the nature of correction made, and what was done to it, the cause why the correction was made.

It would just be a matter of downloading the files you need, properly group, so that it is even possible to place them in directories to mirror that of the Joomla-Teline so that all the files needed could be uploaded at the same time.

The above databases are very tedious to prepare, but if we consider that there might be hundreds or even thousands of customers wanting the same thing, the preparation of such databases of information and scripts would save so much time, for the many. Sure it would cost Joomlart lots of money to hire people to take care of these things.

But, they should be part of the service.

Cornelio</blockquote>
    Cornelio

¡EUREKA!! All fine!
    I will instal JA Teline II v1.3 for Joomla 1.5.x again. The JA teline II are owork perfect in IE and FF.
    Thanks again.
    Kiss
    Cinthia

hunyaga Friend

Hi,

I’m English. I think its fine to post in another language. Its not impolite. Not all the world speaks English. If you really want to know what its says – dig out your babelfish *)

gaygiorgia Friend

ok, if noone hurts about it, then discussion is closed.
    now return on topic…

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  gaygiorgia 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum