Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

<em>@anisjolly 65877 wrote:</em><blockquote>jhazzi

no problems. that’s exactly what you need to do – the quickstart will always have the template files in the correct place. if you do not have a quickstart zip then re-download the template files and they should be there.

hope it all goes well. if you get stuck, you know where to come :)</blockquote>

The two of you have been my champions. Thank you! I saved the zipped files in a new folder after unzipping them so it’s readily accessible on my desktop.

Yes, I do know where to come if I get stuck. I appreciate it so very much. It’s a site I’m redoing to a Joomla site. It’s a nonprofit organization I’ve started for pregnant teens and their babies. I have received the approvals from my state and federal government (Internal Revenue Service) and I need a website that looks better than the one I had. I will have some css changes I’d like to make to make it look more like a site for teens and babies but the colors on this Villadi template are the colors in my logo. yellow/orange – blue – green. The black is too dark and I’ll see what can be done.

So, you have helped for a very worthy cause and I know that didn’t matter. You are just kind. I am grateful. I will now go and vote for your site. Hope you win!!!

All the best and my best,
    Jhazzzzzzzzzi

jhazzi Friend

Bennitos, thank you for your help and desire to help. It’s great appreciated. I call you a Champion, too!

All the best.

Jhazzzzzzzzzzzi

bennitos Friend

you’r welcome, myself i have a project aswell where i create websites for free for small charity and non profit projects.

If you need any help just send me a msg, some photoshoping and css editing is doable 🙂

bennitos Friend

A i see you uploaded it correctly now! 😀

If you go to http://www.*yoursite*.org/installation/index.php then you can do the installation 😀

jhazzi Friend

Anisjolly and Bennitos!! Success!! *happy dancing* It’s up and working!! Thanks again! *group hug*
    Thanks for your offer to help with photoshop and css stuff, Bennito.

You guys are great! 🙂

Happy weekend!!

Jhazzzzzzi

jhazzi Friend

<em>@bennitos 65906 wrote:</em><blockquote>A i see you uploaded it correctly now! 😀

If you go to http://www.*yoursite*.org/installation/index.php then you can do the installation :D</blockquote>

:laugh: I did it, yes! You two are a great tag team!! I wish I could stay on a little longer but I have to go out for a bit. I will come back and begin working on it. I’ll send you a pm about the stuff I need. It’s not a lot. Just the logo and to change the black to a lighter color. I hope that is easy and not difficult.

I’ll be back soon. Take care!

anisjolly Friend

Great work!!

Glad you got it sorted!

See you around here soon! Good work bennitos!

pikaweb Friend

Beste Bennitos, ik krijg villadi met geen mogelijkheid geinstalleerd. Heb ik genoeg aan quickstart? En heb ik die eerst uit te pakken? Maar waar zet ik die uitgepakte bestanden dan neer? Ik heb op mijn computer xampp geinstallerd en werk dus niet met een externe server.
    Hoor graag van je, Piet

bennitos Friend

<em>@pikaweb 73210 wrote:</em><blockquote>Beste Bennitos, ik krijg villadi met geen mogelijkheid geinstalleerd. Heb ik genoeg aan quickstart? En heb ik die eerst uit te pakken? Maar waar zet ik die uitgepakte bestanden dan neer? Ik heb op mijn computer xampp geinstallerd en werk dus niet met een externe server.
    Hoor graag van je, Piet</blockquote>

Hallo pikaweb, aan quickstart heb je inderdaad genoeg.

Een quickstart is in principe een joomla installatie maar dan met de betreffende template en modules geintegreerd. Als je dus die quickstart uitpakt en vervolgens de joomla installatie doet dan heb je na installatie een werkende joomla met villadi eral in.

bennitos Friend

xampp heb ik zelf nooit gebruikt maar heb even voor je gekeken waar de bestanden dan zouden moeten staan:

Ga naar de map waar je xampp geinstalleerd hebt dat zal waarschijnlijk:
    C:Program FilesXAMPP
    zijn.

In deze map zul je de map “htdocs” vinden onder deze map moet je alle bestanden neerzetten die op je website komt. Omdat je nu dus de quickstart gaat installeren moet je de quickstart hier uitpakken.

Vervolgens start je je internet browser en ga naar de volgende pagina:
    http://localhost/installation/index.php

De joomla installatie gaat dan beginnen loop de stappen door.
    Dan zou het moeten lukken!! 😀

Hier ook nog een volledige handleiding voor een joomla installatie met xampp:
    http://help.joomla.org/ghop/feb2008/task048/joomla_15_quickstart.pdf
    Het enigiste verschil is dat ze met deze handleiding joomla downloaden van de joomla site en deze installeren. Omdat jij de quickstart gebruikt (waar de joomla installatie al bij inzit) hoef jij dat dus niet te doen. Waar zij dus joomla downloaden/uitpakken en installeren dan doe jij in de plaats de quickstart 🙂

Mocht je nog vragen hebben dan mag je ook een pm sturen 🙂

pikaweb Friend

Bennito, bedankt! De hele handel wordt op dit moment geinstallerd zonder enig probleem. Geweldig bedankt dat je de moeite nam om in tweede instantie de installatieprocedure uiteen te zetten!
    Piet

bennitos Friend

Graag gedaan piet 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bennitos 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum