Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author

hmm. then could it be that I am right up todate and there is a issue with joomla install and the newest services? I run my own server as it is much cheaper, easier to work with and upgrade.

daigalean Friend

I have gotten past the reverting back to the last page issue but now run into a MSQL error with Virtualmart.

D..

daigalean Friend

I have gotten past the reverting back to the last page issue but now run into a MSQL error with Virtualmart.

D..

austenn01 Friend

<em>@jendahl 473655 wrote:</em><blockquote>Me again…I’m a little concerned that my brand new database is already pre-populated with six users that are not part of my system. It’s not issue on my localhost install, but certainly makes me question the security of this install on a public server. At least they are only Registered users and do not have enhanced access.

If this is standard with a JA template, could you please direct me to a post that explains who these folks are and why they should have accounts on my install? For troubleshooting?

–> John</blockquote>

Are you serious? Do you not understand that this is a quickstart package with ‘DEMO’ content…demo applies to everything that is installed that is not part of a standard Joomla install.. As with any ‘demo’ content, just delete it if it is not relevant.

Alternatively, dont use the quickstart package, OR use the quickstart pakcage but dont choose any demo content when installing.

austenn01 Friend

<em>@jendahl 473655 wrote:</em><blockquote>Me again…I’m a little concerned that my brand new database is already pre-populated with six users that are not part of my system. It’s not issue on my localhost install, but certainly makes me question the security of this install on a public server. At least they are only Registered users and do not have enhanced access.

If this is standard with a JA template, could you please direct me to a post that explains who these folks are and why they should have accounts on my install? For troubleshooting?

–> John</blockquote>

Are you serious? Do you not understand that this is a quickstart package with ‘DEMO’ content…demo applies to everything that is installed that is not part of a standard Joomla install.. As with any ‘demo’ content, just delete it if it is not relevant.

Alternatively, dont use the quickstart package, OR use the quickstart pakcage but dont choose any demo content when installing.

austenn01 Friend

<em>@jooservices 473700 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there
    # I have just once again check quickstart on my home server Ubuntu

http://joodevelopment.com/ja_charity_j34

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbl7l037eqznzik/2015-05-17_15-13-04.png?dl=0

Everything working fine. You can see by use above link.
    You can also check my phpinfo by use

http://joodevelopment.com

It’s mean quickstart is working fine. Just all about server side issue not correctly.

# IMO. I’m not suggest to use Siteground.
    They are not up to date for most of services: PHP / Apache / MySQL etc …
    And have some limited of resource.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

Mate, you should re-check your thinking on Siteground…plus read ‘VPS’ not shared.

Siteground offers php 5.3, 5.4, and 5.5 as options in cpanel, plus they use some of the most up to date performance based options out of all the hosts I have used in over 10 years….

Pus mate, this thread is more than 3 pages long, just because you can install, doesnt mean you should dismiss others. Especially when ALL of us that are having issues have NO issue with OTHER JoomlArt quickstart packages (strange how JA Charity is the only issue?)….Regardless of Server config, the common denominator here is JA Charity….

austenn01 Friend

<em>@jooservices 473700 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there
    # I have just once again check quickstart on my home server Ubuntu

http://joodevelopment.com/ja_charity_j34

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbl7l037eqznzik/2015-05-17_15-13-04.png?dl=0

Everything working fine. You can see by use above link.
    You can also check my phpinfo by use

http://joodevelopment.com

It’s mean quickstart is working fine. Just all about server side issue not correctly.

# IMO. I’m not suggest to use Siteground.
    They are not up to date for most of services: PHP / Apache / MySQL etc …
    And have some limited of resource.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

Mate, you should re-check your thinking on Siteground…plus read ‘VPS’ not shared.

Siteground offers php 5.3, 5.4, and 5.5 as options in cpanel, plus they use some of the most up to date performance based options out of all the hosts I have used in over 10 years….

Pus mate, this thread is more than 3 pages long, just because you can install, doesnt mean you should dismiss others. Especially when ALL of us that are having issues have NO issue with OTHER JoomlArt quickstart packages (strange how JA Charity is the only issue?)….Regardless of Server config, the common denominator here is JA Charity….

efficiency Friend

I have had the same problem and went through all the advice here. The issue is not with hosting but with Quickstart sample data settings. In fact, it installs fine without sample data.

I was only able to install it using utf8_general_ci

efficiency Friend

I have had the same problem and went through all the advice here. The issue is not with hosting but with Quickstart sample data settings. In fact, it installs fine without sample data.

I was only able to install it using utf8_general_ci

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    I’m install Windows 7 & WAMP to make another check. Please wait for moment.
    At moment 2 both of my workspace ( Windows & Ubuntu ) is working fine.
    If issue caused by quickstart it should not work for ALL environment .

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    I’m install Windows 7 & WAMP to make another check. Please wait for moment.
    At moment 2 both of my workspace ( Windows & Ubuntu ) is working fine.
    If issue caused by quickstart it should not work for ALL environment .

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Andrzej Wachałowicz Friend

It’s working now. Thanks!

Andrzej Wachałowicz Friend

It’s working now. Thanks!

daigalean Friend

After asking around and a friend helps me solve the issue of the MSQL issue
    https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116746.msg399500#msg399500

It seems it happens a bit for Virtuemart.

Hope this helps others
    D,.

italpascal Friend

I can say that I too had the same problem.
    I solved it by creating the database with utf8_general_ci and the quickstart has been successful.
    Excuse my English translated by google

Posso dire che anch’io ho avuto lo stesso problema.
    Ho risolto creando il database con utf8_general_ci e il quickstart e’ andato a buon fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

This topic contains 56 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  sislei 8 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum