Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SORRY, I place this message in the wrong Forum (Teline) should be here TELINEII

Folks,

Sorry to Bug you, it is my learning curve with QUICKSTART, that should be named LONGSTART

I follow some advice to install “JATELINEII” to look as the Demo, using teh Quicksart

Well this one went Worst… because after teh installation, the only module found was the “Main menu” .. and nothing about the DEMO. Also all the Modules that comes with joomla are disble “greyout” from the Intall/uninstall and from each Tab where we can Enable them , there is nothing …

No “Menus” on TELITE No Tabs … even worst than the previous installation … using teh CPANEL and Fantastico …

This should be much easier if JA Provides all the “modules” required inclusing the Load data to jsut “UPLOAD” ontop of an stanadard Installation. What I don’t understand is why, i end up with only teh MAIN MENU module .

http://www.comoenbolivia.com/comoenbolivia/

This is my Result of the istallation and switch the Template of “TELINE II”
    I will try saturday following any advice or retrying since now i can install it not using Fatastico from Cpanel

I NEED HELP ….
    ===================================================

I post 2 days ago a message on regards to JATELINE. The replys came that if i want to make it look eaquel to the demo, i should install it as a Joomla the Quicstart instalacion,

ok… I manage to install but look worst, because teh only Module installed is “Main Module” …

STEPS
    1. I rename the old joonla 1.5.8
    2. I upload the Decompress Files if teh QuickStart (All Files decompress)
    3. From MySql, i create a barn New Database “jo151” and a User “jo151”.
    4. I add the user to the Database so that the installation could continue, providing teh FTP
    configuration as well as the root,

5. ThE installation Finished and warm me to remove teh Folder “INTALLATION”

and after That, the installation is screw up … NOTHING AS THE DEMO
    This is Very Difficult to make something to look alike

http://www.comoenbolivia.com/comoenbolivia/

unixboymd Friend

A QuickStart is nothing more than a new Joomla installation that is pre-populated with everything so that it looks exactly like the demo.

So to install a quickstart you would upload the files via FTP and install just like a normal Joomla installation. Make sure you click the INSTALL DEMO CONTENT button. And be aware that this is not the same thing as doing a cPanel / Fantastico installation.

If you have an existing site and you install the quickstart on top of it, please be aware that you will lose all of your existing sites content and extensions.

jsliao Friend

did you press “install sample data” during step 6?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jsliao 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum