Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Just wondering if anyone else has tried the quickstart package. To my mind it just ist working, just gives an internal server error

I have tried the package 3 times now with same result but when I try any other quickstart package all works fine?

Khanh Le Moderator

I think you got this problem on your local server because the mod_rewrite is not enabled on your server. You may try to remove file .htaccess on the quickstart and disable SEF in your administrator panel after installation.

davib Friend

mod_rewrite is enabled ….

all your other quickstarts work no problem

no SEF enabled in the admin panel

🙂

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@davib 36418 wrote:</em><blockquote>mod_rewrite is enabled ….

all your other quickstarts work no problem

no SEF enabled in the admin panel

:)</blockquote>
    Did you try the .htaccess file I sent to you via Skype?

Try enabling SEF through the admin panel, then putting back the original .htaccess file. Does that work?

darylba Friend

Hi,

The quick start for Avian installed without any problems on my particular server. I can understand the issues that may arise from an htaccess file on some servers. So far everything looks good and the search engine friendly URL’s worked with Joomla and they worked after installing Artio too.

Now I can understand why RSGallery was picked for this template. It appears to be an excellent gallery component and it looks much better with this template than what I saw elsewhere.

Nice work! Thank you.

Menalto Friend

Or you can check file permission on the files? If you delete the .htaccess file it should in basic work, if not check the permission

alizafar Friend

Hi Guys,

Great Template. I was testing it out and ran into the following problems:

1: Login & Register buttons give and error.
    Error message for Register:
    URL joomla/component/option,com_registration/task,register/ was not found on this server.

2. The RS Gallery Comments dont seem to be working properly. A comment left for one image is repeating on so many images over many galleries. And even though i write my Name in, it still says anonymous.

Was hoping if anyone else saw these problems.

Feedback appreciated.

whassupbud55 Friend

Hi, I have just installed Avian, very nice. I have as yet no problems with anything and agree that the RSgallery seems to be a good choice. Any problems are obviously down to factors external to the actual quickstart package. Permissions or .htaccess, something along those lines?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  whassupbud55 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum