Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

With the revamping of the JA site, the way points were counted was also changed. I read the thread and it seemed fine, more options, etc. But now I write and hardly get any points for this. I was not on here for a few days, and wanted to ask if anything changed.

It seems that a long answer to a thread should be more than 3 points.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Havard,

The earlier credit system was not available for upgrade to Vbulletin latest version. So we moved to similar system called “Market Place” >>http://www.joomlart.com/forums/market.php . You can find the link on the top navigation “Market”.

Will check the credits gained per post and so on…. i guess it used to be 10 credits per good post ? right?

Regards

Arvind

sunrise Friend

Hi Arvind, thanks for your response. Hope you are fine.

I am in Norway visiting my family and will go back to Thailand in September.

Regarding the points, I just happened to see that the points for the post I made here

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/web-site-bases-ja-anion/

only gave 3 points. That does seem a bit low, and so I wanted to ask about it. It might be good to look into that.

I think the way the points were before, it was 8 or 9 points for a short one liner, and 12 or 13 or so for a longer one.

Have a nice day Arvind.

cansay Friend

I dont think the point system was based on answer pr line ?

It was based on Solved answer and thank you if I remember correct?

I accusal deposited 500 or 700 Credits some time before the upgrade, I found the interest thing and wanted to try 😀
    – Tried to write about it in the upgrade thread “new horses ready for the ride”…

Another thing that has changed, is that it is ONLY the developer license that can be redeemed for points now 🙁
    I just wanted the modules license 😀

sunrise Friend

Hi there, Cansay,

I don’t know for sure about this points system. It seems to me that the new system is very slow to add points. But maybe that is just me. Anyway, hope you have a nice summer.

nihues Friend

I’ve noticed too, it’s 3point per msg now for me, very hard to get even a 6 month devel subscription this way…

sunrise Friend

Yes, when they first started with the new website, and the new system, there was a page explaining the new system, and there were a lot of good points there, but somehow I think it is not really working. I would like to find that page again, and see, but I can’t find it. Can anyone help me? And could someone from JA have a look at this. Thanks!

uniquebiz Friend

Looking at the “Market” . . . for 6000 points you only get 6 mths dev membership, used to be 6000 for 12 mths dev membership, looks like members are getting pooch screwed yet again? JA needs to change the 1 template per mth info on it’s membership page to 1 BETA template, at end of mth, cause we can’t produce on time due to other ventures? perhaps?

Shannon

cansay Friend

<em>@uniquebiz 188407 wrote:</em><blockquote>Looking at the “Market” . . . for 6000 points you only get 6 mths dev membership, used to be 6000 for 12 mths dev membership, looks like members are getting pooch screwed yet again? JA needs to change the 1 template per mth info on it’s membership page to 1 BETA template, at end of mth, cause we can’t produce on time due to other ventures? perhaps?

Shannon</blockquote>

I gave up helping after the changed it, Lost ½ my points and now I can only buy dev membership that I dont need.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  cansay 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum