Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Joomlart Owners,

I have been a paid member of Joomlart for almost a year & I plan to renew once my membership nears expiration. From day one, I have been pleased with all of the templates I’ve seen. They just keep getting better & better.

Have you guys ever thought about getting into vBulletin templates?
    With the talent you guys have for making great Joomla Templates, I can only image how great of a job you guys would pull off making vBulletin Templates.

The vBulletin Template sites I’ve seen so far, are pretty crappy. Nothing (that I’ve seen so far…) compares to the quality you guys put in your designs.

Regards,
    Jay Gustafson

instantinlaw Friend

Hi
    I just took a quick look at the features on vBulletin and it looks like its some kind of community forum. Why switch, and pay for something that can be acomplished using the many free components out there? Besides, Joomla is the future of CMS and if there are no components right now that will do what you are looking for, there soon will be. Just take a look at fireboard. With all the excitement over it at Joomla.org, I am sure there will be all kinds of enhancements coming out of the woodwork in due time.
    Just something to think about.
    BTW I’m not an owner.

xp310 Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 16559 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    I just took a quick look at the features on vBulletin and it looks like its some kind of community forum. Why switch, and pay for something that can be acomplished using the many free components out there? Besides, Joomla is the future of CMS and if there are no components right now that will do what you are looking for, there soon will be. Just take a look at fireboard. With all the excitement over it at Joomla.org, I am sure there will be all kinds of enhancements coming out of the woodwork in due time.
    Just something to think about.
    BTW I’m not an owner.</blockquote>

Hello,

I have checked out other solutions (before I purchased vBulletin). Nothing can even begin to compare with the features vBulletin offers. When I asked my question, I wasn’t asking from a stand point of Joomla. vBulletin is a very successful community forum – and only a small majority of Joomla users use vBulletin.

But Joomla has nothing to do with my origional question. Regardless of what a user uses for CMS, vBulletin is still at the top of community forums. And it would be nice to see Joomlart also offer vBulletin templates. Or any other community forum templates for that matter. It would be nice to see thier talents, involved with other templated stuff.

instantinlaw Friend

Hi
    I guess I should not have commented on vBulletin after only quickly browsing the features list, I am sure it is a fine forum and worth every penny. All I was saying was that I have seen many free components that will acomplish similar things, thats all. Besides I’m cheap and I would rather have something for nothing than have to pay for it:)

In regards to your original question;

Personally, I would like to see Joomlart start making templates for osCommerce, but if they started making templates for all the programs out there one or more will suffer poor quality in the long run.

Joomlart, as you know scrambles every two weeks to get the next template posted, and I don’t know how they do it but so far most of them have been extremley high quality. I would hate to see the Joomla templates suffer because Joomlart all of a sudden decided to spread themselfs thin (if you get my drift).

So far I like it around here just the way it is, but if Joomlart decides to take on more projects I hope they will give them the same level of quality I have come to expect.

xp310 Friend

Well, I would hope so myself. In now way would I want thier Joomla templates to suffer at all. But, maybe someday down the road – they’d move onto other applications?

I’m sure as of right now, thier only interest is Joomla – I’m just curious if they’ve even thought about other template stuff. Maybe someone who’s involved with the templates will respond.

I’m just basically curious.

Michael Casha Friend

Well, I might work on converting some of the newer templates for you, but I’ll have to work out the best way in doing so.

instantinlaw Friend

xp310;16563Well, I would hope so myself. In now way would I want thier Joomla templates to suffer at all. But, maybe someday down the road – they’d move onto other applications?

I’m sure as of right now, thier only interest is Joomla – I’m just curious if they’ve even thought about other template stuff. Maybe someone who’s involved with the templates will respond.

I’m just basically curious.

I hear ya, and hey I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask. It looks like you got MiCCAS interested though.
    Have fun!

ErikThorsen Friend

MiCCAS is interested in anything. Personally I don’t have the need for vBulletin. At least I think so. Could someone please let me know the advantages of vBulletin compared to Fireboard? That would be helpful!

ShannonN Friend

ErikThorsen;16660MiCCAS is interested in anything. Personally I don’t have the need for vBulletin. At least I think so. Could someone please let me know the advantages of vBulletin compared to Fireboard? That would be helpful!

Hey Erik
    the only advantage I have ever really heard put forward is it is supposed to be secure, and can have a huge membership

I use the forums at LFS and RSC and have seen them crash due to patching going wrong and corrupt databases etc

I don’t think vbulletin anything to write home about no forum really is including Fireboard, smf etc

instantinlaw Friend

ErikThorsen;16660MiCCAS is interested in anything. Personally I don’t have the need for vBulletin. At least I think so. Could someone please let me know the advantages of vBulletin compared to Fireboard? That would be helpful!

Hi Erik
    When I took a look at the features list on vBulliten’s site, it looked like it was a forum with the features of Community Builder incorporated. Hence my comment about being able to do the same thing with Joomla and the many free components available. I would guess the advantage would be that if you only wanted to run a message board with community features, you wouldn’t have to add everything you needed seperatly. One thing I didn’t notice though was the ability to add more features. Maybe xp310 could let us know the advantages.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 16 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum