Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

Am very, very impressed with Purity III and have tried three times to install quickstart to include all the demo stuff. No problem installing T3 and the Purity III template, but am unable to get the quickstart running. The problem is I have no idea about the basic process, so I assumed I could FTP (FileZilla) the zip file contents to my /public-html/ folder. No luck.

Any kindergarten-level help would be much appreciated.

1. Site-Info
    goodpixel Friend

Hi Jeff, you have tried steps described in Purity III help?

http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/purity-iii/installation-and-folder-structure#quickstart

Hope this helps!

jeff8478 Friend

Hi Roberto,

Yes, thanks. I don’t recognize the pages shown in steps 1 to 5 but this should all be okay with my Joomla installation and I’ve checked with the hosting service who agreed. It’s really too bad I can’t get this going because I’m a Joomla noob and would have found it very helpful to have the demo up and running. The only thing I could find diagnostically was something about a php.ini file missing but I don’t know if that’s the real problem or how to create the correct content for one if it is.

Thanks again,

Jeff

goodpixel Friend

<em>@jeff8478 438666 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Roberto,

Yes, thanks. I don’t recognize the pages shown in steps 1 to 5 but this should all be okay with my Joomla installation and I’ve checked with the hosting service who agreed. It’s really too bad I can’t get this going because I’m a Joomla noob and would have found it very helpful to have the demo up and running. The only thing I could find diagnostically was something about a php.ini file missing but I don’t know if that’s the real problem or how to create the correct content for one if it is.

Thanks again,

</blockquote>

Hi Jeff, most important step is the number 4 (must select corret option here, if not, need to reinstall)…

In really, you can install Joomla Quickstart of T3 (if some screens look different, dont worry, images in tutorial sometimes shows only part of same page of another), but don’t forget to install the ‘Sample Data’ to obtain all things correct as in Demo Site

Step 4: Install Sample Data

If you install sample data, you will have a site like our demo. If you select default sample data, you will have a fresh site with T3 framework plugin and T3 blank template installed and enabled.

jeff8478 Friend

Very interesting Roberto. This looks like the problem (me not looking at step 4 closely enough). The problem, however, is that I’ve never seen that option during Joomla installation. Maybe because it’s a one step autoinstaller process. I’ll uninstall and try the manual method now.

Thanks

goodpixel Friend

Yes Jeff, if you had using the Fantastico or similar AutoInstaller of your hosting service, probably you can’t achieve the same as demo page of desired template… try manual FTP and install procedure, good luck!

jeff8478 Friend

Thinking carefully about this… I finally found the word “Quickstart” on the T3 installation page. I had installed the Purity III T3 Plugin but not the T3 Blank for Joomla. Wow.

Do I FTP both the T3 blank and the Purity III quickstarts to /public_html and unpack them both there?

goodpixel Friend

You only need Quickstart Package (around 17mb) which have all files you need.

Direct link to download:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3824

Unzip in your root folder (or desired folder for installation) and follow regular steps to Joomla installation, attention to ‘Sample Data’ option, which is responsible to populate your Joomla install with all aspects of demo site.

jeff8478 Friend

Did it! Finally! It took me three days! The problem was that the /public_html/ folder had a lot of other stuff in it. I deleted that, extracted the files, and guessed I had to go to the site URL for the installation to start. Very happy about this.

In the process, I learned about working locally using WAMP and I tried to set up Purity III there first but I could not connect to the database. I guess I had to create one and when I tried that I still couldn’t connect to it. Didn’t know any details about table rows etc. I will work on that to learn how to connect to the database because I’d rather work locally and upload changes to the site.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help, which was just enough to keep me from giving up!

Best regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jeff8478 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum