Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi

I have Purity 2 installed under joomla 1.6

I am trying to create a separate block under tops, that has 2 columns. I am trying to work through the wiki but cannot seem to find specifics

So far I have:

<block name=”content-mass” type=”spotlight” special=”left” specialwidth=”50″>content-mass-left,content-mass-right</block>

but the block content-mass-left still takes up 100% of the width even when the content-mass-right has nothing assigned.

Any ideas?

pritam Friend

Hello,

PurPurity 2 on 1.6 – block with special widths

You can try with this code:-

<block name=”content-mass” type=”spotlight” special=”right” specialwidth=”50″>content-mass-left,content-mass-right</block>

himangi Friend

Hi,

<block name=”content-mass” type=”spotlight” special=”left” specialwidth=”50″>content-mass-left,content-mass-right</block> this code worked in my Ja Purity 2 template. Please that you are using the same layout which is being used in the profile.

If possible provide site url and admin access, so that I can take a look..

slewis1972 Friend

Ok, following enabled in modules

mod_news_pro_gk4 Published content-mass-left mod_news_pro_gk4

and now refuses to show in this block, not do other modules but they work in other sections.

testing site is here with mod layout enabled to show the modifications

http://www.playerbase.co.uk/

Layout is:

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
    <layout name=”desktop”>
    <!–Extra css load for this layout–>
    <stylesheets>
    </stylesheets>
    <blocks name=”top” style=”xhtml”>
    <block name=”absolute” type=”modules” style=”raw”>absolute</block>
    <block name=”top-panel” type=”modules” style=”raw” main-inner=”1″>top-panel</block>
    <block name=”header” type=”header” main-inner=”1″></block>
    <block name=”mainnav” type=”mainnav” main-inner=”1″></block>
    <block name=”cpanel” type=”usertools/cpanel”></block>
    <block name=”sponsors” type=”spotlight” main-inner=”1″>sponsors</block>
    <block name=”topsl” type=”spotlight” main-inner=”1″>user1,user2,user3,user4,user5</block>
    <block name=”tops1″ type=”spotlight” main-inner=”1″>user6,user7,user8,user9,user10</block>
    <block name=”content-mass” type=”spotlight” special=”right” specialwidth=”50″>content-mass-left,content-mass-right</block>

</blocks>
    <blocks name=”middle” colwidth=”20″>
    <block name=”right1″ style=”jarounded”>right</block>

<block name=”left-mass-top”>left-mass-top</block>
    <block name=”right-mass-top”>right-mass-top</block>

</blocks>
    <blocks name=”bottom” style=”xhtml”>
    <block name=”botsl” type=”spotlight” main-inner=”1″>user11,user12,user13,user14,user15</block>
    <block name=”bots1″ type=”spotlight” main-inner=”1″>user16,user17,user18,user19,user20</block>
    <block name=”navhelper” type=”navhelper” main-inner=”1″></block>
    <block name=”footer” type=”footer”></block>
    </blocks>
    </layout>

slewis1972 Friend

All of a sudden it, worked and then failed again without doing anything.

Its loading now in the block, but the block is auto expanding over the width of the page unless the righ module is populated

himangi Friend

Good to know your resolved the issue. 🙂

slewis1972 Friend

<em>@himangi 242540 wrote:</em><blockquote>Good to know your resolved the issue. :)</blockquote>

Not resolved, any ideas?

himangi Friend

Hi,

If you are using spotlight type of module it gives you positions (as many as you specify there), which have equal widths and are collapsible.

So when you have any modules published in content-mass-left & content-mass-right then the each module will take 50% width of the whole available template width.

But if module is not published in any of the positions then the other position containing module will expand to the fullest.

If there are no modules displayed in either of the positions then the whole area will collapse and your main body area will be pushed upwords..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  himangi 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum