Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello Team,

I am using
    Template: Purity III
    Joomla: 3.3.1

I am trying to have a title under the horizontal lines that shows up on the top left or right to access the sidebar or small screen menu.

currently we have bars only, something like this:

We would like to have a little title “Menu” under the bars, something like this:

Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Please help.

Regards,
    Syed Shah

1. Current-Menu
    2. Proposed-Menu
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You can change the color of the Menu icon to red and background to black as per the screenshot .
    Try this
    add this code in your custom.css file .
    template/Purity III/css/custom.css

.off-canvas-toggle {
    background: #000000;
    color: #F1082D;}

Hope it helps

syhussaini Friend

Hello Pankaj,

Thank you for a quick reply. However, this is not something that I am looking for; I am no looking for ways o change the color but trying to add text “MENU” under the horizontal lines of the menu icon to indicate my users about the navigation in a more friendly way.

Please help.

Regards,
    Syed Shah.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI The solution in my above post is to change the color of the icon and the background color as you want .
    If you also want to add a title below icon .
    You need to do some custom php/css work yourself .
    1. You can add the title in php file
    in templatespurity_iiitplsblocksoffcanvas.php

button class="btn btn-default off-canvas-toggle <?php $this->_c('off-canvas') ?>" type="button" data-pos="left" data-nav="#t3-off-canvas" data-effect="<?php echo $this->getParam('addon_offcanvas_effect', 'off-canvas-effect-4') ?>">
    <i class="fa fa-bars"></i>
    </button>

2.Add css rule for adjusting the menu title

syhussaini Friend

Hello Pankaj,

Thank you again fora quick response.
    I was able to achieve the task. I made the following changes in the code and it worked perfectly well.

<button class="btn btn-default off-canvas-toggle <?php $this->_c('off-canvas') ?>" type="button" data-pos="left" data-nav="#t3-off-canvas" data-effect="<?php echo $this->getParam('addon_offcanvas_effect', 'off-canvas-effect-4') ?>">

<i class="fa fa-bars"></br>MENU</i>

</button>

You can check the site (http://hadithcollection.com) in small resolution where the title is showing up now. 🙂

Thank you again.

Regards,
    Syed Shah

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Glad You Solved it .All the best for your upcoming site:)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum