Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Some icons from the Purity III template do now show up on computers at my office (running ie 8 or 9 I believe) behind a firewall. Specifically, the Search icon (magnifying glass) and the top of page icon (triangle shape that scrolls to top of page when clicked) do not show.
    How do I fix this?
    I think these might be from font-awesome? What’s the best way? To replace them with .png’s or something? How do I do this?

Thanks,
    Ari

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Ari,

These are Font Awesome icons. Did you see the same issue in our demo site? http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#purity_iii

Please update your site’s URL here so that I can have a look.

adoucette Friend

I cannot see the icons on the demo site from work computers either. Here’s a screen capture of what it looks like from work (your demo site has exact same problem from work).

Perhaps they somehow block font-awesome? Is there a way to either 1) load the fa fonts to my own website’s server so they might not be blocked or 2) replace these fa icons with images?

1. Picture1a
    Saguaros Moderator

Did you try to open your site in different browser? Please also try to disable any extension installed in your browser, sometime they block the connection to these icons.

adoucette Friend

IE 8 and 9 are the only browsers available at work… No toolbars or extensions are loaded.
    Is there a workaround? Such as replace the font-awesome icons with png’s? Or other?

Saguaros Moderator

It seems related to your PC specific, it prevents the connection to the bootstrap from loading the icon. If you want to use the your own icons, please try to add your icons as background: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background.asp

adoucette Friend

The problem here is that the IE security settings block font download on this particular network. (This setting can be found in IE > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level > Downloads > Font download > Enable/Disable) As I read online, this appears to be a common problem.
    So, since the font awesome TTF file is not being downloaded, there are no fa icons available to be rendered on the page.

Is there a way to fall back to png icons?
    (or do you sell a similar theme with png icons and not fa icons?)

FYI, here is an interesting post on how to detect if a browser blocks font download and, if so, fall back using a javascript.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7973421/detect-if-font-download-in-ie-is-enabled

Ari

Saguaros Moderator

In this Purity III template, we use Font Awesome icons, please try to enable font download option in IE.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum