Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I want to use the Read More links on one of my pages using the portfolio layout.
    In Global configuration -> Articles I have already set

• Show Intro Text SHOW
    • Show "Read More SHOW
    • Show Title with Read More SHOW

In the articles, I have the Read More bar is placed.
    When I look at the page, The texts are cut off at the points where the Read More bar is placed but no ReadMore link shows up.
    Have I missed out some configuration or could it be a problem with the template?
    Thanks

jazzsyco Friend

Hi Further to my previous post, I tested it with some other templates and the problem happens only when I use Purity III with xLayout – portfolio. All the other templates like those come with Joomla and even with Purity III if I select xLayout – Blog for this page work fine. So it must be the xLayout – Portfolio has this issue.

jazzsyco Friend

Hi I need a support on this please. I think this is a bug with the template.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @jazzsyco,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Please provide your site url and temporary admin account via private reply so I can have a look at this matter.

jazzsyco Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    jazzsyco Friend

Hi Adam
    I have PM’ed the details you requested.
    This is a showstopper for the launch of our new site. please can you get back to us.
    Thanks

Adam M Moderator

Hi @jazzsyco,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Please open file templates/purity_iii/html/com_content/category/portfolio_item.php and look for this line :

<?php if ($attribs->get('portfolio-demo')) : ?>
        <p class="item-demo-url">
            <a class="btn btn-default" href="<?php echo $attribs->get('portfolio-demo') ?>">Live Demo</a>
        </p>
    <?php endif ?>

then add this block below it :

<?php if ($params->get('show_readmore') && $this->item->readmore) :
        if ($params->get('access-view')) :
            $link = JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($this->item->slug, $this->item->catid, $this->item->language));
        else :
            $menu = JFactory::getApplication()->getMenu();
            $active = $menu->getActive();
            $itemId = $active->id;
            $link1 = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&view=login&Itemid=' . $itemId);
            $returnURL = JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($this->item->slug, $this->item->catid, $this->item->language));
            $link = new JUri($link1);
            $link->setVar('return', base64_encode($returnURL));
        endif;
    ?>
        <p class="readmore btn btn-default">
            <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>">
                <?php if (!$params->get('access-view')) :
                    echo JText::_('COM_CONTENT_REGISTER_TO_READ_MORE');
                elseif ($readmore = $this->item->alternative_readmore) :
                    echo $readmore;
                    if ($params->get('show_readmore_title', 0) != 0) :
                        echo JHtml::_('string.truncate', ($this->item->title), $params->get('readmore_limit'));
                    endif;
                elseif ($params->get('show_readmore_title', 0) == 0) :
                    echo JText::sprintf('COM_CONTENT_READ_MORE_TITLE');
                else :
                    echo JText::_('COM_CONTENT_READ_MORE');
                    echo JHtml::_('string.truncate', ($this->item->title), $params->get('readmore_limit'));
                endif; ?>
            </a>
        </p>
    <?php endif; ?>
    jazzsyco Friend

Hi Adam Thanks for this. It works now but will this be included in the next update? Hope I won’t need to modify the source code every time I update the template.

thank you,

Adam M Moderator

Hi @jazzsyco,

I’ve just raised a bug report here so our development team can check and update it in next version.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jazzsyco 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum