Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

At present, the Off Canvas Side Bar Header Text is hard coded in the file off-canvas.php located in the directory purity_iiitplsblocks, as shown below:

<h2 class="t3-off-canvas-header-title">Sidebar</h2>

This could be improved and made more flexible by using a language string as shown below:

<h2 class="t3-off-canvas-header-title"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_OFF_CANVAS_HEADER_TITLE'); ?></h2>

For this implementation, the language string has to be added to the site language file en-GB.tpl_purity_iii.ini
    TPL_OFF_CANVAS_HEADER_TITLE="Sidebar"

With this implementation, if the users want to change the header text of the off-canvas header title, they can do this. In addition, being a language string, apart from using the language en-GB, other languages could be used either using other language’s file or creating an appropriate language override.

Above all, users need not edit the JA Purity template block to change the off canvas header title.

Hope this improvement is incorporated in the next version of Purity III.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

We are also aware of this issue, the team will update it in the upcoming version of template.

Thanks for your report! It’s much appreciated.

adidok6 Friend

HI I just downloaded purity 3 today. while playing around I also wondered where to change the sidebar name. I see in the update they have changed it to:

<h2 class="t3-off-canvas-header-title"><?php echo JText::_(‘TPL_OFF_CANVAS_HEADER_TITLE’); ?>

But im still a but confused as to where I go now to change the name? the last line of the en-GB.tpl_purity_iii.ini file is:

TPL_OFF_CANVAS_HEADER_TITLE="Sidebar"

I suppose one does not change it here, when I did it had no effect? any help would be much appreciated.

Saguaros Moderator

You can send me the Admin & FTP account of your site, I will check for you.

joit Friend

hey guys, I saw that it is possible to create a language override for the sidebar. But in english only! I use German language and it won’t show up. What can I do?

Thanks
    Hannes

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Hannes,

After you add JText language string as above, you add the language text for language file of template.

For example with English: [ROOT]/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_purity_iii.ini

with German, it would be: [ROOT]/language/de-DE/de-DE.tpl_purity_iii.ini (create this file if it doesn’t exist) and add this text:

TPL_OFF_CANVAS_HEADER_TITLE="your_desired_text_here"

joit Friend

That works great, thanks!!!

Saguaros Moderator

You’re welcome!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum