Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hello

I’m trying to work with Purity III – Magazine Layout.

I have a problem regarding the "xLayout – Magazine":

At the frontpage "http://online-flugauskunft.info/test3_0/index.php" I see only featured articles from the main category and subcategory level 1 and 2. But I have several more featured articles.

How could I present all featured articles?

Thanks Alex

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Alex,

Because I could not see the configuration on your site but you can see the configuration of xLayout – Magazine from my attached files and change # Articles: Number of category articles to show more featured articles on your site.

Regards

1. Screen-Shot-2016-03-16-at-11.45.51
    2. Screen-Shot-2016-03-16-at-11.46.26
    aschaeffer Friend

Hi Ninja Lead

Please find attached the configuration.
    On the main site only articles form the main category and subcategory level 1 and 2 will present
    http://online-flugauskunft.info/test3_0/

Categories
    News / Nachrichten (main)

• Kreuz- und Fährfahrten (1st level)
      — AIDA Cruises (2nd level)

If you have a look to http://online-flugauskunft.info/test3_0/index.php/news/kreuz-und-faehrfahrten

Categories
    News / Nachrichten

• Kreuz- und Fährfahrten (main)
      — AIDA Cruises (1st level)
      — AIDAprima (2nd level)

The webpage shows also all featured articles from AIDAprima too.

I have no idea, why?

Greetings Alex

1. Screenshot-1
    2. Screenshot-2
    3. Screenshot-3
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Kindly try to check Nachrichten menu and make sure Article Info positions option with the setting is as my screenshot

1. Screen-Shot-2016-03-16-at-15.11.02
    aschaeffer Friend

I guess, that my settings are OK. The category few is OK. Only the featured articles have the trouble…

1. Screenshot-4
    Ninja Lead Moderator

If possible, you can give me the URL and admin login backend of your site via your reply and set as private reply. I will help you to debug this bug directly on your site.

aschaeffer Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    aschaeffer Friend

Did you recieve the LogIn information?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Try to use this way

Open templates/purity_iii/html/com_content/category/magazine.php file

find and change

$featured_items = JATemplateHelper::getArticles($params, $parentid, $featured_count, 'only');

to

$featured_items = JATemplateHelper::getArticles($params, $parentid, $featured_count, 'show');

Hope it helps

aschaeffer Friend

Thanks for the code.

The frontpage shows all articles (but only the main category and still subcategory 1 and 2), now.

So the articles from subcategory 3 and more are still missing 🙁

Any other idea?

http://online-flugauskunft.info/test3_0/

Ninja Lead Moderator

I checked from this templates/purity_iii/html/com_content/category/magazine.php file and see it’s loading with all subcategories, see the screenshot

1. Screen-Shot-2016-03-18-at-17.07.53
    aschaeffer Friend

I have the same code! But the result is still the same 🙁

See:

<?php /*——————————————————————————

• @package Purity III Template – JoomlArt
    • @version 1.0 Feb 1, 2014
    • @author JoomlArt http://www.joomlart.com
    • @copyright Copyright (c) 2004 – 2014 JoomlArt.com
    • @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; —————————————————————————— /

defined(‘_JEXEC’) or die;

require_once T3_TEMPLATE_PATH . ‘/helper.php’;

// get featured items $app = JFactory::getApplication(); $params = $this->params; $parentid = $app->input->getInt(‘id’);

$featured_count = $params->get(‘featured_leading’, 1) + $params->get(‘featured_intro’, 3) + $params->get(‘featured_links’, 5); $featured_items = JATemplateHelper::getArticles($params, $parentid, $featured_count, ‘show’);

// get child categories $categories = JATemplateHelper::getCategories($parentid);

// get list articles for each sub cat $list_items = array(); foreach ($categories as $cat) { $list_items[$cat->id] = JATemplateHelper::getArticles($params, $cat->id, $params->get(‘highlight_count’, 4)); } ?>

<?php $this->items = $featured_items; echo $this->loadTemplate(‘featured’); ?>

<?php $this->list = $list_items; $this->categories = $categories; echo $this->loadTemplate(‘list’); ?>

aschaeffer Friend

I have tested the Purity III Magazine Layout with a total different page.

There is the same result: Featured articles will only show for the main category and subcategory level 1 and 2! 🙁

aschaeffer Friend

Today I tried the new Joomla 3.5 version and Purity III Magazine Layout.

The same result. Featured articles display only content from the main category and sublevel 1 and 2. 🙁

Ninja Lead Moderator

Maybe you can’t create many sublevel of category and try to work maximum with main category and sublevel 1 and 2. Besides that, I will raise the problem to development team and they will check and fix it next version.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 7 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum