Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Thanks for the amazing template and all your hard work guys – that’s a real value to the world and I am happy to be a Joomlart Club member.

I’m creating a blog page based on Purity III and I know that missing links on images is a joomla limitation, however I’m having a little trouble making Magazine style images on the homepage linkable – just can’t seem to be able to figure out which are the right override files to modify so posting the question.

Thanks

chavan Friend

Please post your site Url and ftp details in PM. Also provide a screenshot how you need the fixes to be done. screenshot is helpful to solve problem easy and quick

obliat Friend

Hi Chavan, thanks – I meanwhile figured it out. Here how:
    (to remind, I use Magazine layout)

In templates/purity_iii/html/com_content/category/magazine_featured.php

Row 77 is for the main blog(article) image:

<?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.intro_image', $item); ?>

I had to wrap it so It link to the blog, so it becomes:

<?php $link = JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($item->slug, $item->catid)); ?>
    <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>">
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.intro_image', $item); ?>
    </a>

Same should be done to row 177 (above wrap) to make other featured articles images linkable.

Finally, to make Category article images linkable in Magazine Layout (the list of articles below Featured articles), repeat the above in templates/purity_iii/html/com_content/category/magazine_list.php – wrap Row 87 in above code.

That’s how I made my images linkable. Once I publish the new blog I’ll post a link to showcase :).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  obliat 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum