Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I have a fresh installation of Joomla 3.6 running on a windows VPS.
    I am trying to do an install of the purity_iii template and can install the extensions for T3 Framework and JA extension manager, but neither the quickstart nor the template will load. I have tried both the upload package file and the install from folder with the file extracted. in both cases I get:

Warning
    JInstaller: :Install: Can’t find Joomla XML setup file.

As this is a VPS that I have set up it is entirely possible that some directory permissions or ini files may be lacking or improperly setup. I have searched the forums for this issue and found a number of things but mostly from older versions. Would appreciate assistance on suggestions or at worst better understanding of what is being missed in the install process to assist with troubleshooting.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly post your site admin URL and a temp super user login via Private reply. I will check it .
    Regards

bripitut Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    The admin login details are not working .
    Kindly check it .

bripitut Friend

Pankaj,

Sorry, I am not sure what happened but I just reset it with the same credentials and now it is working.

Thanks again!

Brian.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Kindly check template again, i installed it and its installed fine , no error .
    Regards

bripitut Friend

Wonderful. Thanks so much!

dea-tech Friend

I have the same issue. My hosting suuport says they loaded the file but nothing happens. I still get the same message:

JInstaller: :Install: Can’t find Joomla XML setup file.

What to do?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly download the template package again and install it on your site .
    make sure you are downloading the template package not quickstart package .
    Hope it helps

dea-tech Friend

I downloaded Purity iii but cannot find any of the template manager screens on the turtorial videos.
    How can I get to those screens??

Thanks

Sen

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I am not sure which tutorial you are talking ?
    Did u installed template after downloading ?

dea-tech Friend

Hi Pankaj:

I finally installed Purity iii. It is great! Thanks to Niki and your whole team!!

I would also like to try out you JA builder. My question is if I install JA builder extension on my site will it erase Purity iii? Can I use JA Builder to modify Purity itself?

Thanks for your help

Sen

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You can take a look Here to check out the JA Builder and how to use in T3 based templates.
    Read the documentation for its uses.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum