Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi

I’ve read through the forum and have not found an ‘answer’.
    I’m looking to use the User5 position to publish modules other than mod_ja_contentslide and Video of the day.

When I go to publish a module in this position (User5)… nothing happens.

Could someone please advise me of what modifations I have to do to my files so that I can use the User5 position to publish modules.

Much appreciated.

The site I’m working on is http://www.myrugbymate.com

Thanking you

amejat Friend

I would also be really interested by an answer.

Actually, it seems that both User 5 and JA_cs position have to be used for something to happen. Is there anyway to have one module using both User 5 + Ja_CS space ? Like a slideshow covering the whole width ?

amejat Friend

At least, if both User 5 AND JA_CS are defined, it works… but no way to display something which will use the whole width…

questbg Friend

I wouldn’t mind an answer to this one too.

The strange thing is, I published JA Slideshow in User5 position and, when I type in:

http://www.mydomainname.com/index.php?tp=1

It appears fine, covering the whole width of the site. However, as soon as I go back to http://www.mydomainname.com and refresh, the slideshow disappears.

Highly annoying as I really need a full width module below the menu bar!

JA Staff? Anybody?

Thanks
    Chris

questbg Friend

Update:

Very weird. I was running a few tests and left JA Slideshow published in User5.

I then published the ‘main menu’ module into position ja-cs … everything works fine!

The Slideshow is full width and the ‘menu’ can’t be seen which is exactly what I wanted 🙂

Funny ol’ world.

Chris

amejat Friend

Funny but a little bit annoying to have this unpredictable behavour in User5.

Could we please have some kind of answer from the Joomlart team ? How do User5 and JA_CS are supposed to work and can we (or not) have a whole width module behind the menu ???

questbg Friend

Hi Guys

Found the problem with this issue… there’s a mistake in the index.php file. Open the file and find this section:

<?php if ( $this->countModules('user5') && ($this->countModules('ja-cs') ) ) { ?>
    <!-- TOP SPOTLIGHT -->
    <div id="ja-topsl" class="clearfix">
    <div id="ja-video">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="user5" style="rounded" />
    </div>

and change the && as follows:

<?php if ( $this->countModules('user5') || ($this->countModules('ja-cs') ) ) { ?>
    <!-- TOP SPOTLIGHT -->
    <div id="ja-topsl" class="clearfix">
    <div id="ja-video">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="user5" style="rounded" />
    </div>

Basically the ‘&&’ was causing the problem! Our good friend Scotty sorted it!

Cheers
    Chris

amejat Friend

Thanks a lot !

I just did the change.

At least now User5 appears and disappear when expected. But it does not solve the proble with the fact that you can not have a full width module in position User5 ?

I tried to desactivate JA_CS and then User5 also dispasppeared…

questbg Friend

hi amejat

I’m using JA Slideshow 2 as full width in User5 with no problems after above fix.

What module are you using there?

Best Wishes
    Chris

amejat Friend

Hi,

And thanks questbg. But I still have a problem to get JA Slideshow appear and work on User5.

So here is what I did:
    – I first applied the fix in index.php. Now I can have User5 appearing even when nothing is setup in JA_CS.
    – Then I inactivated JA_Videos and all modules in JA_CS
    – Installed JA Slideshow 2
    – Copied exactly the setup I found in JA Nickel (images and module setups) EXCEPT the width that I defined at 800.
    and…

My Ja Slideshow 2 is still limited to 680 px and refused to be full width (800).

Any advice ?

Could you please post your current settings for the JA slideshow 2 module ?

Thanks

questbg Friend

<em>@amejat 134122 wrote:</em><blockquote>Could you please post your current settings for the JA slideshow 2 module ?
    </blockquote>

Certainly! Here you go:

jon slayer Friend

Hey, this series of posts has shed some light on the issues I’m having with this template. I’ve downloaded JA tube but don’t have the extensions you mention. Where do I get Video of the day and JA Slideshow 2?
    Cheers
    Jon

amejat Friend

Unbelievable !

I have been trying to use JA Tube after launch and faced the issue with User5.
    The solution described here works fine and solved it BUT… I just downloaded the most recent JA Tube archive and… the error is still here !

Come on Joomlart ! Make an effort to fix the problems !

amejat Friend

I thought the switch from two to one template per month was because “Now joomlart has many templates to maintain”.

But the fact is that they update Joomla but are not able to go through the forums and fix the issues that WE solved !

Once again, shameless Joomlart team !

pixelprint Friend

find #ja-video { in the template css and change to 100% as below

#ja-video {
    float: left;
    width: 100%

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  zehn 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum