Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

The published date label will show if enabled in the GLOBAL ARTICLE OPTIONS, but the actual date will not.

jooservices Friend

Hi
    May i know which page you need to use published date ? i guess template have hard code to hide it.
    So please let’s me know which page than i can help you for checking.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Francisco Friend

all of the articles should show it.

issay Friend

<em>@jooservices 285213 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    i guess template have hard code to hide it.
    </blockquote>

But why? published date is the date we want to show in article. caz some times we create so many articles to be published in later dates.

I think the problem is with JA T3 Framework2 V 1.5.0. because when I tried my site with older version It was Okay.

jooservices Friend

<em>@issay 285241 wrote:</em><blockquote>But why? published date is the date we want to show in article. caz some times we create so many articles to be published in later dates.

I think the problem is with JA T3 Framework2 V 1.5.0. because when I tried my site with older version It was Okay.</blockquote>
    Hi
    As i said, i just guess. Not make sure about that.
    This issue as far i saw already submit into our ticket system. And i need a page url for sample than i can go with check.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

issay Friend

hello
    Sorry its not a template problem. the problem is with languageen-GBen-GB.com_content.ini file

I got the probblem caz I was using the template with a fresh joomla install (not JA quick start) and when I checked above file I noticed some difference between Ja pack n-GB.com_content.ini file and Joomla pack n-GB.com_content.ini file

see line 46

in Teline iv quick start pack :
    COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE=”Published on %s”

in joomla 1.7.3 pack:
    COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE=”Published Date”
    COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE_ON=”Published on %s”

red highlited is the problem. you can remove this OR

write like this:
    COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE=”%s”

this will show publish date,

jooservices Friend

Hi,
    Thank you for your code mentioned. Actually:
    – By normally JA Template should not touch into any language file. So i guess: if you said in J! 1.7.3 pack from Joomla! using

COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE="Published Date"
    It’s mean they do not put date time into translate of this constant.
    So in php we can custom like

JText::_('COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE') . ':' . JText::_($article->published)

This’s better than

COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE_ON="Published on %s"

So as i said above, if JA change language file ( by somehow ), i consider it’s bug .
    Will try to mention this one to dev team.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Francisco Friend

<em>@issay 285256 wrote:</em><blockquote>hello
    Sorry its not a template problem. the problem is with languageen-GBen-GB.com_content.ini file

I got the probblem caz I was using the template with a fresh joomla install (not JA quick start) and when I checked above file I noticed some difference between Ja pack n-GB.com_content.ini file and Joomla pack n-GB.com_content.ini file

see line 46

in Teline iv quick start pack :
    COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE=”Published on %s”

in joomla 1.7.3 pack:
    COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE=”Published Date”
    COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE_ON=”Published on %s”

red highlited is the problem. you can remove this OR

write like this:
    COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE=”%s”

this will show publish date,</blockquote>

WOW!!! that worked! wonderful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Francisco 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum