Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello

Could you please start planning to use in your templates functions not deprecated in php 5.3 and above.

my server was server upgraded to php 5.3.1 and several joomlart modules show now error messages with deprecated functions.

for example :

eregi deprecated in 5.3.x
    split deprecated in 5.3.x

got this error in teline III and different modules like ja tabs, janews2…..
    …….

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear growerspro,

Yes, it is a known issue and We are already in the process of evaluating and testing our templates for the PHP 5.3.x version. A fixed date may not be possible to announce right away. But you can assured of the compatible templates at an earliest. If there are issues, which are hampering your site, you can raise them in the respective forums, and Support staff shall try to help you out.

Arvind

lramos85 Friend

Just replace:
    split() with explode(). and eregi() with preg_match()

example:

eregi('"bmp|gif|jpg|png|jpeg"', $this->file_src_name, $extension);

becomes

preg_match('"/bmp|gif|jpg|png|jpeg/i"', $this->file_src_name, $extension);

Notice the “/” before and after the reg expr.

a3433362 Friend

also if you have access to editing the php.ini you can hide those warnings & errors

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear a3433362,

No need to hide the warnings. The PHP 5.3 issues have been fixed across the templates / extensions. You can read the Announcement HERE.

Regards

Arvind

imrozz Friend

Thanks for sharing the info, i amm new to joomla and the people are helpful here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  imrozz 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum