Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Just bought the module and have some problems while testing it.

I get the following error for the module, they appear once for each search box.
    Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/pattaya1/public_html/plugins/search/jak2_filter.php on line 393

Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/pattaya1/public_html/plugins/search/jak2_filter.php on line 397

The same errors came in the top of the search results list too. And they appear once for each search result.

The ‘Restrict to specific category’ seems not to work? I don’t know if this is related to errors above but I get search results for all the documents in the site. Even the ones that don’t have any extra fields and ones that are not published. So the search result for any search is all the documents in the site.

A question about the ‘Restrict to specific category’ search. Does the module search from the categories under the selected category too?

Does the keywords search appear in the search form allways? If so could this be optional?

Then about the search results page. Could it be possible to have option to disable the search form shown in the bottom of the list? Another thing is that list kind of search results is ok for keywords search, but doing extra fields search when ‘Restrict to specific category’ is selected could it be possible to have option to inherit parameter options from that selected category, so that the search results would look just like viewing that top category filtered with selected criteria? Or optionally could I just create a empty category (‘Search results’ for example) to inherit the parameters from and so manage the search results appearance?

Best regards,
    Jarno

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Jamo,

Support is off for the sunday. You will have the answers tomorrow. Regarding those warning, i think, these were fixed, but i assume you have downloaded and installed them today, may be it needs a closer look.

Can you PM me your site login details? I can work with developer to get the fix done. If you use skype, you can add me (my skype ID in my profile).

Regards

Arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@jvesala 200174 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

Just bought the module and have some problems while testing it.

I get the following error for the module, they appear once for each search box.
    Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/pattaya1/public_html/plugins/search/jak2_filter.php on line 393

Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/pattaya1/public_html/plugins/search/jak2_filter.php on line 397

The same errors came in the top of the search results list too. And they appear once for each search result.</blockquote>

Please download and install the module and the 2 plugins again. You can directly install to your site. No need to uninstall the older one.
    <blockquote>
    The ‘Restrict to specific category’ seems not to work? I don’t know if this is related to errors above but I get search results for all the documents in the site. Even the ones that don’t have any extra fields and ones that are not published. So the search result for any search is all the documents in the site.</blockquote>As per the developer, this is related with the errors above. json_decode can not parse due to above errors.

<blockquote>
    A question about the ‘Restrict to specific category’ search. Does the module search from the categories under the selected category too?</blockquote>Yes, sub categories are included too.

<blockquote>Does the keywords search appear in the search form allways? If so could this be optional?
    </blockquote>You can disable the keyword search from module backend, only for the module display. Since, the search result page is joomla default search, the keyword search option will still be seen on the search result page.

Check screenshot.

<blockquote>Then about the search results page. Could it be possible to have option to disable the search form shown in the bottom of the list?
    </blockquote>Currently, this feature is not available.

<blockquote>Another thing is that list kind of search results is ok for keywords search, but doing extra fields search when ‘Restrict to specific category’ is selected could it be possible to have option to inherit parameter options from that selected category, so that the search results would look just like viewing that top category filtered with selected criteria? Or optionally could I just create a empty category (‘Search results’ for example) to inherit the parameters from and so manage the search results appearance?</blockquote>This feature is also not available currently.

If the errirs persist on your site, please PM me the site login and FTP details, i shall request the developer to have a look and fix it for you.

Regards

Arvind

jvesala Friend

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response.

I reinstalled the plugins and the module and the error messages are gone now.

One thing I noticed is that I have two fields in the form that have filter type range values. In the first one ‘Area Sqm’ the search range values are combined from the first and second search. A little bit hard to explain, but please see attached picture.

Best regards,
    Jarno

1. Untitled
    Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Jarno,

PM me your site login details please. i would need to check that one. I am equally confused.

Glad the errors are gone now.

Regards

Arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Jarno,

That problem is fixed. The search results were displaying unpublished items too. That is fixed too.

I have updated your site with the latest code.

Let us know if you get further issues.

Regards

Arvind

jvesala Friend

Hello Arvind,

Everything seems to be in order now. Thank you for the excellent customer service. I am very pleased.

Best Regards,
    Jarno

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jvesala 13 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum