Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi, I have a problem with this template.
    At home I have an article and to his left three modules.
    If I open the article by the “read more”, the three modules remain visible, even if they are set to appear only on the home.
    How can I fix it?

Website is here: http://www.kleb.it/new

Scott Lavelle Friend

This is likely because there is no menu item that includes the article that you are clicking the read-more on. This causes that article to open in the layout that the home page uses. There are a few ways to work around this:

1. Create a menu item on a menu that is no shown anywhere on the site to point directly to that article, and then make it so that the new menu item is using a layout in the template manager that does not include those modules (template manager, choose template, create a layout (or use an existiing one) and point the menu item to it).

2. The other option, which I found works well for items in sliders and other module positions that pull in an entire category of articles. Rather than having to create a menu item for every article – and having to teach my clients that they have to create new menu items at all – I create a menu item that is a Blog layout type and loads the category that holds the items in that module. For example, I have a slider that loads articles in the category fp-slider. I then create a menu item that says to load items from fp-slider. I then make sure that the menu item is using the layout I want rather than being force into the home page layout. This will then automatically adapt to all of the articles that get set to the fp-slider category.

It took me a lot of playing around to figure out that the blog layout pointing at a category would automatically apply to all individual items that were also in that category, even when not loaded by the menu item, but pulled into a category…

I hope this helps.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

studiovarda Friend
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  studiovarda 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum