Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/event-times-resetting-to-utc/

This is NOT solved. Your solution fixes things on the back end and completely screws them up on the front end. Now the FRONT END times jump forward 8 hours.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

I fixed the problem on your site as my solution here please check and don’t touch the templates/ja_teline_v/contenttype/types/event.xml file on your site

Let me know if it helps

Regards

kevinburk Friend

Please do not make changes to my site. You did not fix the problem, you recreated it. I deleted the "fix" because that causes the front end to jump forward 8 hours every time I edit an event.

To be clear — your solution addresses the back end problem that the times jump back 8 hours (in the back end) every time I edit an event. However, it introduces a much bigger problem that the times jump FORWARD 8 hours on the front end.

With your fix, when I edit an event, I have to adjust the time forward 8 hours (the first time I edit it) to restore the time. The next time I edit the event, the time remains constant in the back end, which I thought fixed the problem. HOWEVER, I discovered that the FRONT end time is not consistent with the back end time. The FRONT end time now jumps FORWARD 8 hours, again making some bizarre correction for UTC.

I am undoing the changes you made because they break the front end of the site. Please investigate this problem further and provide a solution that works on both the front end AND the back end.

I would have addressed this in the original thread, but since you thought it was solved, the thread is closed.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

Firstly, sorry for the direct changes I applied to your site, this should not happen again.

Here is the time on your site:

Please try with my suggestion above and compare the time of backend and frontend again. Other guys and my colleagues applied the same and it works properly.

Regards

kevinburk Friend

It’s correct now because I fixed everything after the changes broke every edited event.

The problem is introduced every time you go in and EDIT an event for any reason.

I have re-installed your fix and edited an event to demonstrate the problem (see screenshot). This is what happens with your fix, after going in to edit an existing event. Notice the time and date are correct on the back end, but they are 8 hours off on the front end.

Again — because I need this site working as it’s getting ready to go live, I have removed the edits and corrected these events.

1. TimeProblem
    Ninja Lead Moderator

@kevinburk: The problem is that whenever you add time in backend, it ALWAYS changes to another value after saving article. You can make a test with this way:

• Find and open "Alan Jackson" article

• Look at the time of the event type and save.

The time of the event will change. I would need to correct this first to have fixed time set in backend so I can check the issue with the time showing on frontend. At this moment, the time is always changing, it’s hard to find the culprit causes that 8hours off.

Regards

kevinburk Friend

Yes, that’s the problem I originally asked you to fix — the fact that the event time changes in the back end every time you edit an article.

The culprit is the UTC correction since my server time is set to UTC -8 because I’m in California.

So please address this problem in your template — that it automatically adjusts all event times to UTC, ignoring local server time settings.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

It’s very hard to help you out if you could not fix the problem from backend of your site as my suggested here

Please fix the problem from backend on your site first, I will help you to check the time on front-end site

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 7 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum