Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I have got 2 problems:

1.- Since I installed this template, I am not able to set in Global Configuration the option “gzip pages” so my site goes to slow. When I set this option on, my site only shows a blank page. This is the first time this happens to me.

2.- Slideshow does not work with Simple Image Gallery. Is there any way to make it work together. I really need this gallery to work on my site.

Thanks

Sonia

hopartkunst Friend

Hi,

I have the same problems with the pariiti template en especially the slideshow!

Furthermore the quickstart misses the XML file, even with FTP it can’t be installed.

I hope to hear a reaction from Joomlart, otherwise the 49 dollars I spent on this template is pure waisted money.

Jacqueline

ShannonN Friend

desingsm;22073Hi there,

I have got 2 problems:

1.- Since I installed this template, I am not able to set in Global Configuration the option “gzip pages” so my site goes to slow. When I set this option on, my site only shows a blank page. This is the first time this happens to me.

2.- Slideshow does not work with Simple Image Gallery. Is there any way to make it work together. I really need this gallery to work on my site.

Thanks

Sonia

Hi Sonia
    for the first problem don’t use gzip it is known to present problems and this is a Joomla core problem not a templates one I don’t have the actual link but a search on joomla.org will show you this is a known Joomla prob.

or there could be a conflict in the javascripts that control either of the modules, if you can supply a live url to yur site myself or someone can do some tests and see if we can see anything simple causing it

ShannonN

ShannonN Friend

hopartkunst;22297Hi,

I have the same problems with the pariiti template en especially the slideshow!

Furthermore the quickstart misses the XML file, even with FTP it can’t be installed.

I hope to hear a reaction from Joomlart, otherwise the 49 dollars I spent on this template is pure waisted money.

Jacqueline

I installed the paritti quickstart successfully and it worked for me its the actual installation I used to make the tutorial on how to install paritti, I used the same download as you ???

Maybe you have a different method on installing the qs to your site, I’d encourage you to take time to look at how I did it successfully and see if you missed any steps in your installation?

http://tutorials.joomlart.com/general/install-a-quickstart-package.html

I wont even discuss the slideshow if you haven’t installed the quickstart properly

hopartkunst Friend

<em>@ShannonN 22315 wrote:</em><blockquote>I installed the paritti quickstart successfully and it worked for me its the actual installation I used to make the tutorial on how to install paritti, I used the same download as you ???

Maybe you have a different method on installing the qs to your site, I’d encourage you to take time to look at how I did it successfully and see if you missed any steps in your installation?

http://tutorials.joomlart.com/general/install-a-quickstart-package.html

I wont even discuss the slideshow if you haven’t installed the quickstart properly</blockquote>

Hi Shannon,

Thankx for your quick reply, I will study your tutorial and hopefully I can also install the qs. If it’s a succes I hope to hear from you about the slideshow.

Jacqueline

desingsm Friend

Hi Shannon,

Sorry for this late reply, but I have been away. I have been watching the tutorial for the quickstart and I installed my Joomla site the same way. You see, this is not the first time I use Joomla, I have used it many other times and I always use the option GZIP. I realize that this has to do with the slideshow as I was having other problems with this module and I tried the Frontpage slide show on the site. So if I unpublish your slideshow, I can Gzip my pages and if I publish it I get a blank page all the time. My site is http://www.dragon-fly.es

I would really need to use this option as I am going to add a lot of content and files to download and using this option makes site faster.

I reallly appreciate you could help me with this.

Thanks.

Sonia

darkroomdevil Friend

I had the same problem with slideshow not working – althought it was not obvious (and this should not be the case), for me it was simple. In the slideshow module config change the option: Show description to Yes

omnicon Friend

<em>@darkroomdevil 25217 wrote:</em><blockquote>I had the same problem with slideshow not working – althought it was not obvious (and this should not be the case), for me it was simple. In the slideshow module config change the option: Show description to Yes</blockquote>

THis is exactly what fixed my problem with this template. JoomLArt need to add this to the User Guide as newbies who are not familiar with forums will struggle to get this working.

All in all this is just a fanstastic template with all the bells and whistles.:)

jodyd Friend

I have Joomla installed in my webhost database, and have no problem loading anything into any template except ja_paritti. I get an error 553 – Can’t open that file – permission denied. Which means I can’t change the default graphics or logo. The directory and every file is set at 777 – full permission. The template is useless if I can’t customize it. I’m trying to upload via FTP – what do I have to do or change to enable uploading? :-*

(Thanks in advance)

bloggs_x Friend

Did you upload it using the template installer. I know a joomla bug that causes the template to be owned by no-one. I had a host where whenever I uploaded certain things that would happen…

Try deleting the template through FTP then uploading again but through FTP?

jodyd Friend

I was going to try that, but the problem was that I couldn’t even delete it. Through FTP, I couldn’t do anything with it.

After a lot of digging, I finally went into Joomlaxplorer in the Components section in Joomla, went to the template, ja_pariiti, and gave full permissions there (even though I had set the directory and everything under it at 777 in FTP). Voila — that did it. I can now upload into the template directory, delete files, etc. Who woulda known? And how would one do it if they didn’t have Joomlaxplorer installed.

Anyway, it’s now working, after much knashing of teeth 🙂

bloggs_x Friend

Good old component that 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bloggs_x 16 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum