Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

Bit of an urgent problem here with Akeeba. I built a site on a sub-domain as to not interfere with the live site I was replacing. I finished the site and took an Akeeba backup and published to my live url.

The problem is that now I am facing is that all of the custom code and styling has disappeared when I go to edit on the live url.

Please can you help me out with this or will I have to go through and redo all the styling?

If you could help me as soon as possible I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Richard

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Richard,

Maybe cache issue? as I can see it looks the same in both site now.

Regards

gringo211985 Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Both the sites look the same, but when you go to edit the page from front end on the new site it loses the styling. So I can’t edit any page without losing the styling for the site.

Please can you check again on the new site by trying to edit a page? Please do not save the page as it will lose the styling.

Thanks,
    Richard

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Richard,

I checked the new site and saw that the custom css for ‘All Pages’ is not enabled, could you try to add css into this option into new site as in your old site?

gringo211985 Friend

Hi @saguaros

It’s not just the custom.css that is missing, there are header scripts, block settings, images and all sorts that get wiped when I go to edit the site. If I paste in my custom.css then it will remove all the styling from the blocks etc.

How can I fix this? Do I have to fix manually or can you fix this?

Thanks,
    Richard

Saguaros Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    VariFrame Friend

Same here 🙁

bositman Friend

You can’t fix it it’s a JA Builder bug (one of the thousands…) . Anyone can replicate it instantly on a sandbox, but the staff here always prefer to tell you if you changed browser or if you cleared your cache. Like that has anything to do with missing custom colors and even if it did, cache corruption is STILL your program’s issue, not ours.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

As discussion with @VariFrame , when you backup site from Akeeba and restore to a new site, pls go to the site where you take backup, export pages > then import to the new site.

Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum