Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi
    Happy new year
    this is my problem:
    Notice: the site on which i m working (beta version): http://www.lzik-ci.com
    When I click on the button add to cart, an ugly blank space displays on my shopping cart (this space disappears after the next click). I took a snapshot of it

Did someone see this? how to remove this?

there are only two files in the module modulesmod_virtuemart_cart.
    I tried some hacks but nothing works. I also put in comentary the following lines //echo ‘<div class=”vmCartModule”>’ ……… //echo “</div>”; in the file mod_virtuemart_cart.php

asking for help on virtuemart forums, i was recommended to ask the template creator about this problem
    here is the topic discussion link
    Thanks for any help

bennitos Friend

hi there,

i posted a fix for this in another thread.

You will find it here:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=103205&postcount=2

Let me know if that works out.

theovspra Friend

<em>@bennitos 104021 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi there,

i posted a fix for this in another thread.

You will find it here:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=103205&postcount=2

Let me know if that works out.</blockquote>
    Hi,
    I would really be pleased to get that information but I just don’t have sufficient access rights.

If you could let this information in a public forum, I think it would help so many people as the virtuemart solution (free) is given by defaut with the ja larix template.

So let me know if you do so
    Thanks again

bennitos Friend

ah tought it already was in public forum:

You have to download the fix i uploaded as attachment and upload it to:
    componentscom_virtuemartthemesdefaulttemplates common folder

On your webhost.

Let me know if that solves it.

theovspra Friend

first, thanks for putting your file here helping the community.
    I put the file there (on my webhost in the right directory) at the right place but no change. the problem stays the same and you can still test it live on the website.

bennitos Friend

did you overwrite the file that was already there?

questbg Friend

Hi theovspra

I viewed the site and placed an order, but no problem with that image:

Salut theovspra

J’ai vu le site et mais aucun problème avec cette image .

Alors, bonne chance avec votre site

Chris

bennitos Friend

<em>@questbg 104218 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi theovspra

I viewed the site and placed an order, but no problem with that image:

Salut theovspra

J’ai vu le site et mais aucun problème avec cette image .

Alors, bonne chance avec votre site

Chris</blockquote>

still does here.

Dont think he overwrote the file, make sure you unzip the contents first then upload the files to that folder and overvrite the one already there. 100% that fixes it.

theovspra Friend

Well I give up.
    Uploading and overwriting files is current in my job so it’s no really the problem. I found one file in your zip minicart.tpl.php 894 bytes.
    I then upload it on my webhost and replace the file that was there. I repeated the operation 3 times and nothing happened.
    After that, I tried the site on:
    IE7 it works fine (no blank space)
    Chrome the blank space was there
    Safari the blank space was there
    Firefox (my current web browser) the blank space was there
    Why IE7 is not showing the problem?
    I conclude that if it’s not a problem of compatibility with the browser, it’s surely a programmation bid.
    (My conclusion is not necessarily a final one)
    So I give up and will look either for another template or hide that module (better not launch this site).
    But is it the solution? I will try to hack myself some another files till I get a proper solution
    thanks guys for all your support. Sure I’ll soon find …the hell that’s hiding behind that’s boring blank space on my shopping card

wooohanetworks Friend

Just to make sure… You did clean your browser cache? The fact is, I work a lot on the stuff like Joomla and VM and it appears to come to a point where only a restart of the computer or to put it in stand by and up again clears the cache of all prominent browsers to a 100%. This is with FF, Chrome and IE. Also when it sounds like hardcore bull**** but a lot of the changes I make on the core VirtueMart, infact updating to a new version will not more be possible at all, only appear when doing it this way. Same with some Joomla issues, I can clean the cache of the browsers several times, close them, opening them again, but with some changes I make on the site I can see those only when having shut down the system and having really cleared everything what may be cached and also my Joomla cache is off.

theovspra Friend

I did all of it except restarting my computer. Working with joomla for a long time has made me a good cache clearer and I generally keep the cache plugin deactivated in joomla configuration.
    I finally restarted my computer but nothing changed.
    It’s quite confusing for me since the only thing that should be the most reliable in an e-commerce solution, I mean the shopping cart is not even displaying properly on virtuemart default solution. I didn’t hack any file before I observe this anormal behaviour of the shopping cart.
    I hope, I am the only one in this situation
    Best regards

wooohanetworks Friend

Do you have several themes for VM in your system, I do not have the ecommerce package running so I do not know if the larix theme has a folder like ja_:larix or is called default. but sometimes people replace files with those in another folder. Like when the file used on the frontend is in the larix folder, they replaced or worked on files in the default folder so nothing happens on the frontend…

theovspra Friend

I finally found the solution on the virtuemart forum. Just in the configuration, I turned off ajax features.
    I think it’s a confirmation of my analysis after web browsers tests
    You can just see my post showing how I made it here

Thanks guys for your big support. That helps

zoga Friend

Hello, I have the same problem, and I try to solved with changing the file minicart.tpl.php with the one fixed, but nothin change. Fire fox continue to present the blank spot in my cart. The problem come just when I add the products, if I continue with the shopping the blank spot dissapear.
    Some new solution?

bennitos Friend

<em>@zoga 104788 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello, I have the same problem, and I try to solved with changing the file minicart.tpl.php with the one fixed, but nothin change. Fire fox continue to present the blank spot in my cart. The problem come just when I add the products, if I continue with the shopping the blank spot dissapear.
    Some new solution?</blockquote>

did you read theovspra’s post above yours, as he fixed his problem. Start with reading that maybe it works for you aswell.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  rainfire 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum