Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I just discovered a problem with JA Job Board comp when enabling Search Engine Friendly URLs from global configuration.

So if you enable the above option and then try to log in as a register user (it does not matter if you are a job seeker, employeer or the 3rd option) the respective menu items do not work.

They all redirect you to a 404 page.

I tried to login as a joobseeker and the update my info link took me to a 404 page.

I believe sth cuts off the urls because they are short

http://mydomain/demo/index.php?Itemid=42&option= (rest is missing when sef enabled)

To make sure it was not sth I tweaked I tried with a clean quickstart installation it was supplied in the download section.

Any suggestions??

Alex:confused:

alpa JA JobBoard

I found a solution to the above problem. I believe it has to do with the already created menus and their respective aliases in the database.

The component id created when installing the component is wrong.

So if you just go into each menu item and save it again (you do not have to change anything) the component id is set correctly and the error is fixed.

Hope this help the rest of the developers.

I also hope this is a true problem and not sth I discovered because of the long work hours 😀

Alex

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  alpa 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum